Skip to main content
Topic: 1993 3.8 to 351W swap in progress need help (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

1993 3.8 to 351W swap in progress need help

ok here is the deal i have the 3.8 out and i am putting a built 351W in my 93 cougar the #1 thing i am cocerned about is the motor mount what do i need and where can i find them. i know i need the rear sump pan and exhaust and all that stuff, but i am stuck right now finding motor mounts before i can move on with this sweet swap. anyone that has done this swap please give me some help ASAP thanks again

Ryan :america:

Re: 1993 3.8 to 351W swap in progress need help

Reply #1
as far as I know there arent any motor mounts for this swap. Chances are that they will have to be customer made. I dont think that the 351 will clear a 93 hood easily. Let us know, and give us pics!
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Re: 1993 3.8 to 351W swap in progress need help

Reply #2
Motor mounts for a 5.0 and 351 will be the same....

You will want to check out TCCOA, they deal with the MN12 chassis and there are several over that has performed this swap...

http://forums.tccoa.com/index.php?s=