Skip to main content
Topic: 83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k (Read 990 times) previous topic - next topic

83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k

Reply #1
I saw that too. I thought it was kinda weird that it's listed on South Bend CL, but it has Virginia plates on it, no price, and a generic specs-only description. Seems a tiny bit fishy to me.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k

Reply #2
Quote from: CoogarXR;464108
I saw that too. I thought it was kinda weird that it's listed on South Bend CL, but it has Virginia plates on it, no price, and a generic specs-only description. Seems a tiny bit fishy to me.

... and has 20k miles on it but they somehow decided a snow day was as good as any to take pictures?  Clean car though, had a nearly identical '83 here with 13k miles go at auction for less than $5k several months ago.

83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k

Reply #3
It looks okay, but I'd bet its 120k.

Someone selling a 20k car wouldn't street park it and not brush off all the snow. The 83-84 cars don't have the 6th odometer digit.

My guess, grandkids got grandpa's old car and he took care of it. Still het its 120k even if it is in really good shape.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k

Reply #4
The pics are indeed taken in South Bend, so it's probably a legit ad. Thanks to Google Street View, I determined that they were taken on South 27th Street.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

83 Cougar 5.0 with 20k

Reply #6
lighted cougar cpillar emblems, ,, gotta have a set of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!