Skip to main content
Topic: Wtb t5 (Read 634 times) previous topic - next topic

Wtb t5

The only thing missing for my swap is a T5. If anyone has one close (within reason) to Fort Wayne, IN for a v8 at a decent price I would be extremely grateful. I need this car to be drivable soon.

Let me know what ya have! Thanks

-Clayton

Wtb t5

Reply #1
Scratch that I no longer need one. Picked it up yesterday

Wtb t5

Reply #2
How soon till you get the conversion done?!? Road trip to Hebron?????

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wtb t5

Reply #3
Depends lol. I had to buy a flywheel, the one ya gave me didnt work none of the bolt holes lined up but no biggy. I gotta make a trip to indy and then ill try and make it out your way. I wanna atleast make it out there before you start packing up for texas.

Wtb t5

Reply #4
That's really odd as it was bolted on a SBF when I picked it up. Huh, maybe the wonderful machine shop that resurfaced it gave me the wrong one back. Either way, I'm sorry about that.
On the Texas deal............. If I can everything moved into storage next weekend, I'll be headed down there around the 1st of July.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wtb t5

Reply #5
oh wow. well I highly doubt cash will be in my favor by then. I really hope so but you know how the world works

Wtb t5

Reply #6
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;434753
Depends lol. I had to buy a flywheel, the one ya gave me didnt work none of the bolt holes lined up but no biggy.

Just curious if you tried rotating the flywheel until the bolt holes lined up?  You probably know the bolts aren't evenly spaced (even though they look like they are), so the holes only fit in one orientation.  You just got to rotate the flywheel until it does. I learned that in the school of hard knocks...

Good luck on your project. You will like the 5 speed. :cool:

Wtb t5

Reply #7
I should specify. The flywheel bolted to the crank but the pressure plate wouldnt line up on the flywheel. None of the holes lined up. But thats past now, the tranny is in and now on to the piddley stuff like exhaust and interior

Wtb t5

Reply #8
Thanks for clarifying. :) Glad your project is moving forward.

Wtb t5

Reply #9
Sorry Clayton, That's the one thing I never tried. I just told the parts place what I had and what I needed. Wow, I feel like a total idiot now. Did you have the balance checked? I'm sure it's ok for a 5.0 as I was going to have it rebalanced for the 351w stroker I had started building before changing directions.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wtb t5

Reply #10
Nah i just added it to the pile.  Tis all good lol. Cant be any worse than leaving the "clutch specialty" shop with a "86 gt"flywheel that is about 1" too big. Going back with bellhousing and pressure plate and them telling you that the bellhousing isnt right. Uh, no. 157 tooth 50oz imbalance fly wheel for a 302 in a 86 mustang lol 4 flywheels and a headache later i had the correct one haha