Skip to main content
Topic: Well, I have lost it...looking into Aussie/US 200 I-6 swap (Read 6196 times) previous topic - next topic

Well, I have lost it...looking into Aussie/US 200 I-6 swap

Reply #30
At long last!!!!

The rest of the parts finally showed up today...2 big boxes
Gotta love it..the box that had the head/rocker cover and a couple gaskets only weighed 60# :hick:

Here's a couple pics of the bulk of the parts

Covered in real Austrailian grime!!!  It's amazing how light that head is.

Next is a better pic of the plenum and the fuel rail.

Check out the fittings on the fuel rail!  No py quick disconnects!!

Once I get a free moment I'm going to get the head stripped down and get it cleaned up and see what I need to do about valve guides and seats, etc.

So finally after 6 months, the parts are here and once I get the 200 out of the Z-7 I can REALLY get into the conversion.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #31
HOLY  that is one hell of a setup. usualy the i6 intakes iv seen look like a ported brick with a air filter on top of it... that looks all kinds of efficiant.

Reply #32
You might be swaying me from my desire to use a 300.. :p

Eh, if I put the I6 plan in anything, it might be the Mark.. and I think I'd rather have the extra cubes. 250 at least.

Reply #33
is that a scorpio in the background?
One 88

Reply #34
Dayum, Chuck! That is cool! I can't wait to see the finished product. Be sure to keep us updated
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #35
bad @$$
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #36
Quote from: CougarSE
is that a scorpio in the background?

Yup :hick:

Reply #37
thats about the same as the fuel injected intake for a 300. nice to see people that like the sixes. sounds like alot of work but it should be fun. are you going to turbo it or anything? a crossflow turbo 200 in a fox bird or cougar would be cool.

Reply #38
Quote from: 84t-bird
are you going to turbo it or anything?

:rollin:

What do you think? :D

Reply #39
I really like this. I kinda thought about beefing up the 200 that was in my Fairmont before we scored a built up 351C/C4 combo for $100.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #40
Quote from: Chuck W

Quote from: 84t-bird
are you going to turbo it or anything

:rollin:

What do you think? :D

my bad. i wasnt thinking when i asked that question. who wouldnt turbo an engine like that.

Reply #41
I cant wait to see this in there, prolly be a year or two knowing chuck, but it will be cool

Been waiting forever for the twin sho topaz guy to update. Man I wanna see then
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #42
OK, this has been on hiatus for long enough.  SEVERAL things have been in the way of any forward progress but with the moving of the '83 to another storage location, I have my garage for the winter to work on a couple projects (well actually 3, but only one applies to this forum).

I finally began stripping down my US 200 longblock to get to the point of being able to do the block and head mods I need to do to make this happen.

Just for the pic ws I sat the Aussie head on the block just for grins.

I'll get the last of the external stuff stripped, then organize things a bit and start getting the internal bits apart.

Reply #43
hooray, it LIVES!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #44
What bell housing will mate it to a T5? Is this the same setup that's on the Aussie DOHC 4.0L I6?