Skip to main content
Topic: gen 1 sbc swap? (Read 5842 times) previous topic - next topic

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #30
I still want to put a "385 series" 514ci BB Ford in a '69 Camaro. All the cool looks of a gen1 Camaro without that py orange engine under the hood ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #31
I actually have to agree with Tom renzo. IF, and that's a big fawking if...if I was going to build a crossbreed car, I'd go with the LS-whatever, instead of the Gen(eric)1 SBC. Nothing is more boring than another ed sbc with a Holley.

Of course, if I had an LS engine, I'd probably just put it in my blue K truck and enjoy the hell out of it. For what they are, they make good power with simple bolt ons. Gotta hand it to GM for that.
With that said....

Jealous of another sheep's Chevy-into-a-Ford? Not hardly...I'd rather swap my nice AMC 360 into a Fox and call 'er good.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #32
I like the ls in my silverado  170000 on the clock and still has all its power I've even thought of a intake and cam swap when I rebuild it

But I'm not a fan of chebbie in a ford at all

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #33
At shows and anything else I dont even bother to look at crossbreeds to overdone by people. Now old iron with a modern powerplant and Ill stop and look. Usually take a bit of work for everything to jive since usually theres not swap kits for the really new stuff. I always have siad since I got my TC the only way the 2.3 will leave is if its a turbo'd V8 or a Coyote!!

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #34
[quote
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #35
I don't really care how great it is.  I don't care if it runs on unicorn piss, or if it's exhaust is the cure for climate change, or even if it's strong enough to reverse the earth's rotation.  It don't belong there, and it's presence is an affront to the soul of the vehicle.  Pure automotive blasphemy.

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #36
I have the big3 in my driveway. Ford chevy and dodge. I hate seeing classics like 32 fords and 40s dodges with chevy motors. You spend 80k in a restomod, dont cheap out on the motor, but if you have a 350 laying around and a bird that needs a motor do it. Im usually a brand purist. Do what you have to and or want to. I dont condem you for slapping a sbc in it, i remember when sleeper built his black/white bird it went through 4 or 5 motors. Hell his mavvy has/had lsx in it. Do what you want, its your car. Me personally i would drop a 351 in a 68 camaro and badge it 350+1

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #37
I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop an LS in the vert next year......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #38
Quote from: daminc;407156
I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop an LS in the vert next year......

<----Head Explodes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #40
Quote from: thunderjet302;407113
I still want to put a "385 series" 514ci BB Ford in a '69 Camaro. All the cool looks of a gen1 Camaro without that py orange engine under the hood ;).

I'll have to dig it up, but I have pics of a '57 Chev I saw at Power Tour back in '08.  Car looked barn fresh and had a 460 Ford under the hood.

The GM guys would walk up like "oh look at this sweet ratty old '57" and then they would peek under the hood and be like:

I told the owner he was my hero!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #41
uu
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #42
[quot

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #43
[q