Skip to main content
Topic: gen 1 sbc swap? (Read 5837 times) previous topic - next topic

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #15
I'll tell you what, jwlott, build your SBC, sell it and use it to finance a .030 over 351 with a Lightning lower a Cobra upper, 36 Lb/hr injectors, a 75mm MAF, an A9P, a TFS stage 1 cam, BBK or FRPP swap headers and a fox pump, pan and pickup. Bolt it to a smartly built AOD and roll like thunder.

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #16
That's a good idea but you could go so much further with a 351 base motor and slap around a sbc

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #17
FOE no one uses a GEN1 Any more just the purist builders or the stockers. Even the big block CHEVYS are BOAT ANCHORS. With the LS dominating the field there is no need to add another GEN1 that will cost more to build than it is worth. If you go CHEVY (OOPS NOW I HAVE DUN IT!!!!) The LS platform is the ticket. As for ford build away and have fun!!

Example i picked up a 327 from a late model chevy and installed a cam and a few mods PRESTO 430 Ponies and this for under 1500 bucks just saying. (Now i have really dun it)

Go with a COYOTE and then they will FEAR YOU!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #18
Considering your comments, Tom, since he DOESN'T have a LS, but indeed a gen 1 which as you say isn't worth building, then as I said, he's better off selling it for a 351. Or a coyote, which is probably out of the price range.  I've got a 4-valve 4.6 from a Mark VIII I'm looking to sell...

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #19
Fo
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #21
Very nice

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #22
Yo

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #23
I've done it before in my old notchback,chevy is all I own, come next winter tbird in my sig will have a sbc or bbc. That is unless I finally sell it....

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #26
^^^^ I been trying to sell it for a while, no body seems to be into tbirds around here..

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #28
I don't want to know what's under the hood of that notch but its shagy

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #29
Lol I'll tell ya anyways sbc 406 aluminum heads n/a