Skip to main content
Topic: HO Swap Fuel Problem (Read 7536 times) previous topic - next topic

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #30
I guess I'm not as tolerant as others in these kind of matters. I would've made a scene long ago.....a big one.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #31
Yeah, I would have made a scene by this point to. I get kicked out of the dmv all the time.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #32
I have a short fuse.  And I make huge scenes.  The disrupting traffic kind of scene....it's just my nature.  I typically just end up talking to the police.  When I make advice for other people, I ask myself what I would do, then recommend the opposite.
-Z
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #33
I'm generally a very patient guy,but never have I understood why a car needs to be at the shop for weeks or even months. Luckily,I do 99% of all the work on the Sport,but with the wife's cars,they most often go to the shop. Never had it one gone more than three days. I think there are jobs the shop just doesn't want to do,and they'll take the job for the money,then postpone as long as possible. They'll put any smaller job in front of it while your car gets bumped to the back over and over,until it's been months,and no progress,just a "we're about to get to it". As a paying customer,I refuse to be taken advantage of.If they can't do it in a timely manner,then I'll take my business elsewhere.I also don't pay until the job is done.I see no reason to give money to someone who hasn't done anything yet to earn it. I don't want to make a scene, nor do I wish to be a disgruntled customer, I only want good service,and timely service for my money. My opinion of course.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #34
One of my top rules is "Never pay in full up front."  If you explain it to people, most will understand.  The ones that don't, are probably taking advantage of people.  But I digress, this isint helping the author.

Too bad your not close to SA.  I would have gladly traded you installing your engine for finishing the tile work in my bathroom.  I HATE doing tile work, but happy as a clam elbow deep in grease (i spent the better part of Sunday in the junkyard "browsing").
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #35
Well he has been given more than half of the money.  And I don't want to piss the guy off since I still need him to do the work.  And I'd be hard pressed to find another mechanic I can bring the car and all the parts to and say, "Please fix this."

Plus I don't need the car for transportation.  So I am choosing not to blow up about it as I don't see any obvious recourse.  I am hoping he will get tired of me coming by every day and that will motivate him to get the job done.  We shall see...
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #36
You do realize that he's working for you,right?

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #37
I was in a similar situation, and I exploded.  It ended with him keeping my money and pushing my car out into the parking lot, then calling the police and reporting it as an abandoned vehicle.

I would try to encourage him with the remainder of the funds..."Hey man, I pulled the cash from the bank, let me know when its ready to pick up"....then maybe not pay him once you have the car... :evilgrin:

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #38
Quote from: vinnietbird;341741
You do realize that he's working for you,right?

This
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #39
Quote from: 88CougarGT;341742
I was in a similar situation, and I exploded.  It ended with him keeping my money and pushing my car out into the parking lot, then calling the police and reporting it as an abandoned vehicle.

This is a good reason to keep things civil and not hostile , I know the "customer is always right" but most times tempers flaring usually doesn't end well for the customer .
However he does work for you and that probably needs to be pointed out to him .
 I have actually thrown people out of the parts store I was the manager of because of what I considered threatening behavior.
Fox-less at the moment

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #40
I believe threatening behavior, and assertive behavior are two different things. If you take a car to a mechanic, and you're scared to say anything in fear of what he might do,perhaps that's not a good place to do business,and the Better Business Bureau  should be called.

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #41
Quote from: vinnietbird;341746
I believe threatening behavior, and assertive behavior are two different things. If you take a car to a mechanic, and you're scared to say anything in fear of what he might do,perhaps that's not a good place to do business,and the Better Business Bureau  should be called.

I agree , 88cougargt said he exploded ,  I was saying that can be counterproductive  :)
Definitely speak up just do dont lose it
Fox-less at the moment

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #42
yea...went in for a fuel filter change.  They broke the fuel line and charged my credit card $300 for a new ford line without asking.  I wanted the car back and they said they would not refund the charges.  I tried for about 40 mins to "work it out" before loosing it.

I took it to them because I couldn't get it loose and I didn't want to hack the fuel line up.  They did it anyway and charged me for it.

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #43
Well I went by today and he finally had the car in the bay working on it.  So we'll see what he is able to find out. 

Quote from: hypostang
most times tempers flaring usually doesn't end well for the customer

That's true.  Neither party is happy when it has to resort to something like that.  That is why I am trying to keep a cool head about it.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

HO Swap Fuel Problem

Reply #44
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Fox-less at the moment