Skip to main content
Topic: Race much? (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

Race much?

Where I live there is a large population of racers and i love destroying civics alllllllll daaaaay loooong..:flame:

i've been embarrased by a few porsche's and bmw's (just until i beef up) :burnout:

anyway..i am curious to see what would happen if i raced a new 2000 cougar or any year mustang

anyone have any personal experience??
331 stroker,rebuilt AOD,8.8 rear w/3.73 gears,dual exhaust..wallmart $20 flat back paint job :D

Race much?

Reply #1
mustang will win. 2000ish v-6 will cream you like your not even moving. i-4 is probably faster in the manuel form, but it depends on the driver.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Race much?

Reply #2
Race much?

Nope, don't waste my time on that ricer shit... I do it at the track where real cars are...

Race much?

Reply #3
i  dont waste it on ricers either.....until my swap is done!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Race much?

Reply #4
Only at the track here - last time I street raced I realized how entirely stupid and dangerous it was. I didn't get nabbed, but let me tell you that the police have very little sympathy for people in their 40's who would still be street racing.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Race much?

Reply #5
any mustang that is supercharged will smoke you, some v6 are quick from the factory but not all, the four cylinders ones with the factory 3:73 gearing are a challenge from a dead stop but after that there slow, mustang HO will maybe smoke you depending on your combo.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Race much?

Reply #6
i guess if i really want to dust a stang i'd have to go super charged or twin turbo.

well thats how the cookie crumbles:toilet:
331 stroker,rebuilt AOD,8.8 rear w/3.73 gears,dual exhaust..wallmart $20 flat back paint job :D

Race much?

Reply #7
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;252615
Nope, don't waste my time on that ricer shit... I do it at the track where real cars are...

i dunno you'd be surprised at how many turbo charged rice rockets there are just cruzin in the streets over here in cali