Skip to main content
Topic: My current rides (Read 1571 times) previous topic - next topic

My current rides

Well since the Cougar is still out of commission, I figured I'd post up a little of my other 2 Fords....

First up is the F-150, 2012 XL. 3.7 Cyclone V6 and 6-speed auto with select shift. Base truck, gray vinyl seats inside with vinyl floor. Only included option was tow package with the factory installed Class III hitch and 4/7 pin trailer hookup. Got in in 10/2015 with just over 14,000, just turned 53,000 last week.

When I bought it...

And a little update after I added the new wheels - factory takeoffs from a 2017 - added step rails, replaced the gas door, got a vanity plate, and a few other things not visible...

Not a whole lot planned for this one, going to keep it mostly mild. Came with a nice 1 in/2 out custom Flowmaster  cat-back on it when I got it, and I will be throwing a set of shorties on it eventually.
Aside from that, will be replacing the headlights, taillights, and front grille with the Raptor style look. Probably going to swap out the steering wheel for leather too. Not much else really planned for it now.

May eventually get an overhead console swapped in from a better optioned truck as well as power door locks and windows. I installed the cruise control switch and once I get the dealer to flash the VCM and turn it on that will be good to go. Might throw a trailer brake in there one day but haven't seen a need for it yet.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

My current rides

Reply #1
And second, the white pony:

2011 Mustang V6. 3.7 Cyclone V6 and 6-speed MT-82 manual. Again, base model car, no options just standard equip and sport appearance package which that year consisted of some decals -- OMG wOw. Got it in 03/2017 with about 54,000, about to hit 82,000 next week.

When I got it...

...And again, same thing with this one, got some factory takeoffs from a 2018 GT, 18" with the Pirelli all seasons

And a glamour shot :P

Got a lot planned for this car. So far haven't done much... It came with a custom axle back already installed, I don't know who makes the lers, all I know is they're a chambered design and are black with "Made in USA" stamped on them. They sound pretty good for the car, nice and mellow mostly.  Also came with near blackout tint installed. Looks good on the car but makes it  hard to see at night.

The first thing I did was install a custom shifter bracket and bushing to firm up the shifter. Just look up the MT-82 if you don't already know about it and all the shifting issues it has... But the new piece definitely helped out. Most of the lockouts I experience now are just from a lazy clutch foot lol. I threw on a short antenna just because I got enough funds from a gift card to take care of that lol. And obviously I slapped on some new wheels. I have new lugnuts and center caps on the way next week for those to finish everything up. I also did a full LED conversion on the car as there were still a few incandescent bulbs installed in the car from factory. The only thing I didn't update was the turn signals as I have new headlight housing I will be switching to down the line.

Next up will be upgraded brakes and headers. Eventually going to replace the factory H/X hybrid resonator mid pipe for something a little better designed as well. Mostly I have just cosmetic details to update. Planning on painting the roof black, and adding the GT/CS style spoiler in black as well. Also going to be adding a custom decklid panel that deletes the big ugly faux gas cap cover and smoothes it out all the way from taillight to taillight, and just putting the running pony logo on there. Got those ideas from the 15+ models. Have a small decal set in mind for the hood too that should help tie it all together. Also got my eye on an upgrade to the headlights that changes it to a one piece design that imitates the 15+ style "shark gill" headlight look and mods the running lights to be sequential turn signals in the front. Going to install the taillight bezels as well. Considering smoking the taillights, but I like the red look too. Probably going to leave as stock. Still deciding between the Pony Package grill or the GT/CS grille for the front; leaning towards the pony package though...

Planning to do some updating in the interior as well, such as installing the GT500 steering wheel and getting a leather shifter . Also going to be modding the door panels to have leather inserts instead of vinyl and also the shifter and e-brake dust boots to leather. Not much else there except for better seats somewhere down the line too as a possibility.

Not much planned for the drivetrain. Like I said, shorty headers should be going on soon and eventually a new H-pipe. Also will be getting a tune update and swapping the rear end from 2.73 to 3.31 for a little better accel. Eventually will have to get an aluminum driveshaft too since the stock one blows up at ~130 mph!
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L