Skip to main content
Topic: Retirement ahead for Tbird.... (Read 1134 times) previous topic - next topic

Retirement ahead for Tbird....

I have become the new owner of a '97 Ranger. Now the Tbird can step back from daily driver. :D:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1
Congrats !!! One day, I'll find something to replace the Sport as a daily driver.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Yea, real happy about not having to drive the Sport in the snow.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #4
Thanks!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #5
Hey Herb, great news!  Daily driving take a toll.

Reply #6
Nice looking Ranger Herb.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #8
I love my lil power ranger...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
I'd say that was a score.

Reply #10
Thanks all, yea I've been looking for a long time. Just hard to get enough money ahead to get something other than a "real" fixer upper...lol. This one came along at just the right time, for the right price so I grabbed it. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #11
May she serve you well, with many trouble free miles.

Reply #12
Nice looking little truck Herb! That's great you can enjoy the Bird in nice weather and not have to worry about it in the winter.

Reply #13
Quote from: Crazy88;398347
May she serve you well, with many trouble free miles.
Why thank you grasshopper.....lol.

Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;398353
Nice looking little truck Herb! That's great you can enjoy the Bird in nice weather and not have to worry about it in the winter.
Thanks, now I can start cleaning up the engine bay!!!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #14
Really good friend of mine that owns a big shop says the perfect ranger 93-12 is a manual
2wd 3.0 5 speed ranger.  Doesn't have 4wd problems, auto tranny failure, or 4.0l timing issues...
Your choice regular cab vs extended....

Just his opinion.

Travis