Skip to main content
Topic: Brest cancer awareness (Read 1861 times) previous topic - next topic

Brest cancer awareness

We painted this EVO in plastic cote for cancer awareness. The paint was donated and JR laid it on. We hope and pray that cancer can be eradicated and and the devastation of it become history. We ask God to bestow this on us.

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #2
Yes the Matco guy came today with those pink tools. Not my style also.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #3
Pink is fine. I drove a Moulan Rouge 70 340 Cuda for a few years.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #4
Up front the cause sounds like a good one, but these folks who say they want to save lives by eradicating breast cancer, forward a large portion of their proceeds to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country. I find that rather ironic.

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #5
I would have no problem with pink tools. I don't give a rat's ringpiece what others think of my masculinity, or more accurately, what they think of me at all, as long as they don't talk smack about my car, my dog or my mother. The only thing that would stop me buying pink tools would be the durability of their finish. I have yet to see any coating other than chrome that will actually stay on a socket. Like I posted on Facebook the other day, if I could get blaze orange tools that were durable I would, simply because they would be much harder to miss or leave behind under a hood. All of my Snap-On tools with plastic handles are either blaze orange or neon green (they used to be all blaze orange but I got a good deal on a pry bar set, a deal that was only available in green for some stupid reason).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #6
I just posted this to show that as a shop we do things like this for community unity. As far as tool color i could care less either. But there is a reason impact sockets are not chrome. It is because chrome can flake and be imbedded in your hand skin ETC. And a chrome socket on an impact wrench can shatter and throw off serous shapnel another words explode in to pieces.You will never see a chrome impact socket because of chrome flaking and serious deep steel splinters. And impact sockets are thicker and normally not as hard as a chrome hand driven socket. Chrome sockets should never be used on an impact wrench and an impact should not be used on manual driven wrenches.  This is my understanding and it seems to hold true. Other than that we painted the car for awareness and i thought it was something good that we did. Thanks.

Note i always but tools with big bright numbers indicating the sizes. Another words sockets and wrenches  that hold there markings and are big enough for an old guy like me to READ!!

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #7
Yes, I tend to buy sockets with big numbers too. Getting old sucks, but I suppose it's better than the alternative.

I've often wondered what that black coating is on impact sockets. It's not paint, and I don't think it's powder coating, but it's some strong. The only way to make it come off is to polish it off with years of use
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #8
Thunder i actually like the craftsmen sockets. Laser etched Numbers and they do not come off. The numbers are also big and bold. Other than that i have actually bought tools from Harbor freight and Tractor supply. Oddly enough i put them in the service truck thinking they were junk but the stuff actually holds up really good. I have a set of impact sockets from Harbor that i beat the hell out of and they have taken it for a long time and never let me down. They are cheap and they work real good. have a good day!

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #9
Quote from: TOM Renzo;423588
Thunder i actually like the craftsmen sockets. Laser etched Numbers and they do not come off. The numbers are also big and bold. Other than that i have actually bought tools from Harbor freight and Tractor supply. Oddly enough i put them in the service truck thinking they were junk but the stuff actually holds up really good. I have a set of impact sockets from Harbor that i beat the hell out of and they have taken it for a long time and never let me down. They are cheap and they work real good. have a good day!

I have to agree with ya Tom. I bought a couple of racks of HF sockets and beat the ever loving snot out of em. I've yet to break any of them. Both impact and chrome.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #10
Thanks Tom for supporting the cause..... "save the ies!!!!"
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #11
Quote from: 50RACER;423554
Up front the cause sounds like a good one, but these folks who say they want to save lives by eradicating breast cancer, forward a large portion of their proceeds to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country. I find that rather ironic.

and this shows your not a low information voter,  i get your point and glad your paying attention~ i am and im also not too fond of our nations direction in this medical coverage issue.  this social welfare has not worked anywhere else but since more people than the minority want stuff for nothing, ill end up goind down with the ship fighting... i wont comply.
I , however find it difficult to deal with double standards so I personally believe its her choice. 

to the topic, ive often thought cancer is like rust, its not going to go away, it cant be reversed and we are still hopeful it can be cured.
some things cant be fixed~although i can only hope i am wrong.

I like the idea of this cause, i really do and i have donated a couple times during the past week.  I just feel like some things are not going to get solved.

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #12
Let's keep the politics off the forum, people... Hell, we're all only just starting to get along again...
Quote from: jcassity;423591
to the topic, ive often thought cancer is like rust, its not going to go away, it cant be reversed and we are still hopeful it can be cured.
some things cant be fixed~although i can only hope i am wrong.

I like the idea of this cause, i really do and i have donated a couple times during the past week.  I just feel like some things are not going to get solved.

I think of cancer as something that everyone has in them, but it needs something to switch it on. Might be a genetic thing that switches it on for some, might be an environmental thing for others, or it might be both. Some people smoke and die of cancer in their 40's, some live to be 90 smoking a pack a day. The old people that had my previous house before I dd both lived into their 90's, and judging by the nicotine that destroyed all the woodwork in the house (it was on so thick it had cracked and caused an alligator-skin like surface on all the woodwork, I had to sand & paint everything) they both smoked. A lot. The several hundred tobacco tins I found in the garage and all the sheds also pointed to this. He died in a car accident ('77 Bronco, spit a tie rod end out, went into the ditch, and rolled over on him). She died from pancreatic cancer a year later. Neither of these could be blamed on smoking. A neighbour where I grew up, however, also smoked a pack a day (or more), had a lung removed when she was in her early 40's, spent her late 40's sucking on an oxygen tank on one breath and a cigarette the next, and died in her early 50's. Smokes certainly contributed to that, but I think genetics had their say too. Also, I have always felt that the woman in her 90's didn't really die from pancreatic cancer, she simply died from being in her 90's. Cancer might have given her the final shove, but she was headed that way anyway, as we all are.

I don't think they'll ever cure cancer, because I think cancer is a natural part of all of us. What I do hope for is more effective treatment, the dream that we may not cure cancer, but we might make it so that it's not necessarily a death sentence. This has already happened with several forms of cancer, hopefully others will follow.

Brest cancer awareness

Reply #14
Well we had a huge car show on Sunday for a brother hot rodder . My buddy's kid is 24 years old and has Brain cancer. We all got together app 180 cars showed up donations the works. We collected a huge amount of money from donations. Hay we can argue cars engines makes and models.I as basically a chevy guy have gotten pounded by die hard Ford guys. I have several fords and even a dodge. I have imports trucks and several boring cars that some would not be caught dead in. But cancer is a BITCH. It has no enemies or age limit. It does not discriminate and iot does not care if you are a democrat republican or independent. It does not care if you are a chevy ford Dodge or ricer. It KILLS YOU. And that sucks big time. My buddy is devistated. We all put our talentsn together gave donations and also built a car. But the big C will most times WIN . I hate that with a passion because all the money cars and any other bull shiznit thing you can imagine makes no difference. The shiznit most likely will kill you. So we do our part as honest caring folks and do what we can. Peace and god bless.