Skip to main content
Topic: Autolamp Relay (Read 846 times) previous topic - next topic

Autolamp Relay

Does anyone have a diagram of the location of the Autolamp relay ?

Is it one of the four under the dash, near the console ?

Thanks in advance !
Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.

Re: Autolamp Relay

Reply #1
From 87 EVTM.

Reply #2
Thank soo much !

You guys are awesome.

I may be an original owner but I am still learning.
Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.

Reply #3
Headlight Relay Installation
Hello, I know this is a frequent & old topic but I can’t find the link that further explains it.
Found what I think is the correct diagram for my 85 T-bird. Highlight’s.

Question is, Where on the vehicle does the GRN /Blk , and the RED/BLK branch off?
I am hoping the branch is closer to the headlights themselves, or at least under the hood, making the install of the relay’s consist of only Two.
Am I on the right path?
Thanks, John C.
Latest Find, 1985 FILA Style, 5 Spd. 4 Cyl. Turbo Coupe Thunderbird, Clean underside, Rough around the edges, well worthy of total restoration. A follow up to my 89 5.0 Mustang project.

Reply #4
EVTM says:
S115 & S116 location is,"L H Front Fender Apr0n." For cars without autolamp feature.

S115 location is, "Front of engine compartment." For cars with autolamp feature.
S116 location is, "Behind L H Headlamp."

Reply #5
Trimmed the diagram down to just the Turbo Coupe part.
Connector C286 is a gray 8 pin connector.  "LH front fender apr0n, near voltage regulator."
If you still have the 1G alternator with the external regulator.

Reply #6

OK, good news, I’m working in the right direction. Next step for me,
Physically locate the S116 High beam, & S115 l Low beam junction’s, and splice the Relay(s) into an accessible point prior to each junction.
2.3 came with an aftermarket Inter-cooler, runs good, needs some TLC for its full potential.

Latest Find, 1985 FILA Style, 5 Spd. 4 Cyl. Turbo Coupe Thunderbird, Clean underside, Rough around the edges, well worthy of total restoration. A follow up to my 89 5.0 Mustang project.

Reply #7
Might be easier to find Connector  C286