Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 23235 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #210
How'd the alignment improve handling? I'm assuming it's much better now.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #211
Isn't it the best to be able to just jump in the car and go? I'm envious of that at the moment.
It is the best.

How'd the alignment improve handling? I'm assuming it's much better now.

I think it handles amazingly. It has some memory steer from everything being super tight. Its very responsive and not as darty as you would think considering the only bushings up front are the poly control arm bushings. Everything else is derlin or heim and no rag joint.

Reply #212
Had the old girl on the rollers today... But the dyno didn't like my car. They couldnt get a clean rpm signal without catching some sort of interference. Its a new place in town and I'm not 100% sure they knew what they were doing. But I tried.

Reply #214
Looking good. Sounds great. I hope to put mine on the dyno when I get done with the Terminator X conversion.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #215
No updates to speak of because well, I haven't done anything :mullet: I've been driving the tar out of it. The Holley sniper is doing its thing they way it should and since the weather is changing and having cooler tems definitely shows how well it works as a unit. 40* starts are just as good as 80* starts but I do have to let it get to operating temp before I drive it (like you should anyway) but I jumped in and went just for the hell of it. And it was not happy, it bucked a bit but smoothed out as it warmed up as it should.

Still a very happy camper. Here are some recent cars and coffee pics for y'all to enjoy

Reply #216
Yeah, getting the cold-start and warm-up tuned is a fun game. You really only get one chance at it during the day.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #217
Oh yeah very small window of opportunity. I'll have to hook the laptop up for that bit since the holley doesn't start to learn until operating temp. I'll have to tweak the tune for initial start up but all in all it isn't bad. The car will rarely get driven in the cold anyway and if it does I just have to let the neighbors hate me for a few minutes longer until it warms up enough to be sociable.

Kinda like that first cup of coffee in the morning

Reply #218
I'm really leaning this way for the '84...I've decided to go 32v. Gumby's thread and now your info with the efi stuff has settled it for me.

It's the interior of that car that's the biggest hurdle. The dash is gone, and the headliner and rear plastic is all that's there. I have it all, minus the dash of course.

'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #219
I like the sniper a lot. And the terminator x will plug right in like a stock harness perfect for a mod motor. But with stand alone management it's a win win.

If I can figure it out. Y'all can too.

Reply #220
Had an intake gasket spring a leak at the rear on the driver side. Fixed that... And decided while everything was apart to upgrade the looks too. Ive hated those finned edelbrock valve covers since day one, but they served their purpose and the hatred was quelled a bit after I bombed them with some wrinkle finish paint.... Until the first oil change.... Where I commenced pouring oil all over that sumbeach because of the stupid baffle.. The air filter was bought for the last car and was about 10 years old.. And the new one fits right in with the scheme.

Reply #221
Did you ever get any response from FiTech?  Didn't want to put salt on any wounds but was curious if they ever made things right.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #222
It took a while, but was eventually made right

Reply #223
Shes on her way to one color now... The biggest hurdle has been this front bumper cover.. So many layers of paint. Passenger side door is going to be a pain also since it came from the same car but she's on her way

And no, it's not gonna be a show car paint job... Just one color. For now. I won't cry if I scratch a knocker can bomb job... Theres still some things to come before the nice paint job.

Reply #224
Plasti-Dip it!
It's Gumby's fault.