Skip to main content
Topic: rock auto stock replacement exhaust system PERFECT FIT (Read 2073 times) previous topic - next topic

rock auto stock replacement exhaust system PERFECT FIT

for those needing stock 5.0L exhaust

EASTERN CATALYTIC   30243  (combo "Y" pipe and catalytic together
**eliminates both "pre-cats"  !!! good !
** this part requires minor BFH mod to clear your transmission cross member.  A few bashes after you gut it and its all good.
**this part has excessively thick s, they are so thick that they barely accommodate your existing manifold stud length.
**i had to run my bandsaw laterally on the passanger side  to finally be able to install the two nuts, basically making them a tad "thinner". 
(normally) larger s are a good thing but not in this case.
**this cat very easy to gut
**header "Bell" shape matched perfect. 
**cat to intermediate mating are "BALL/Bell" and match perfect,, no gasket req'd.
darn near a perfect match with small minor mods.

WALKER   43907   Pipe, intermediate
**does not come with a ,, so get one or reuse your old if you want.
**the shape sorta "dips" "down" a tad lower than i like, you could manually tune it up a tad in he area of the longest radial.
overall perfect match

WALKER   18276      ler
perfect match

WALKER   45852   Tail Pipe
perfect match

Reply #1
Yup, you can also order these from AutoZone and not pay anything for shipping and return it if its wrong. For a cat back, it was around $100 start to finish.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Who wants the stock exhaust :hick:?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
i do & did for the 20th , anything else would be wrong if for some odd and unlikely day that it becomes a somewhat valuable car.
granted now with 343k miles , not sure what value there is.

Reply #4
I wouldn't worry about value. Even if it was worth big money some day with 343K it isn't anywhere close to being original, which is where the big money would be.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
$100 to be able to drive the car isn't bad when every thing is stock, compared to $500 plus fir headers and an h-pipe, plus you still gotta buy lers and two tail pipes to upgrade
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com