Skip to main content
Topic: Dangit! Missed it by THAT much! (Read 1130 times) previous topic - next topic

Dangit! Missed it by THAT much!

I have always kinda wanted a 60s cougar. But in Ohio, whenever I see one, it needs EVERYTHING. I mean like swiss cheese below the knees type of thing. So I pretty much figured I'd never find a cheap one around here that wasn't a rust bucket.

Anyhow, for some freakish reason, I had some energy yesterday. When I got home from work, I spent 4 hours on the lawn. Mowing, tpuppies, edging, sculpting the hedges, all that OCD stuff.

I come inside to relax afterward and start looking at CL, FB marketplace, etc. What's this? A complete, rust-free 1969 cougar? Less than 30 miles from here? What the... Who the... ?? And it's only $2000?! The ad is only 5 hours old. I message them, and it's sold already. IT.

So the moral of the story is, don't obsess over your lawn. LOL

Kinda sucks. That thing looked clean. The engine was torn apart, but that's the easy part in Ohio. You can find engines all day. Finding a rust-free body is the impossible thing. This car still had black floor pans!

I can't believe that thing was gone in just a couple hours. I mean, I can believe it, I just can't believe I missed it.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #1
That sucks. I've missed stuff by closer margins. Someone was probably goofing off at work and went straight there LOL

*Not that I would ever think of doing such a thing...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
There's a '67-69 ish Cougar up the street from me sitting on the.......lawn.  I twitch everytime I see it.  I even offered to help him get it up in the air off the lawn.  It has been sitting there for about 5 years now.  Can't be good.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300