Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 126865 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

READ THIS>>>>

Since it's not a technical deal, I am posting this thread here. Show off your engines everyone. Pretty, ugly, in the middle, whatever. Only Our cars ( FOX THUNDERBIRDS AND COUGARS ONLY). No other cars allowed. No transmissions,suspension, etc. All engines. No other subject matter allowed. We have plenty of other threads for that. Engines only. I'll start right now with a pic you've seen before.........

GT40-P
-Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
-Trick Flow valve springs
-Ported and nicely worked "P" heads
-1.7 Crane Gold roller rockers
-BBK unequal length shorty headers
-polished "FPV" Explorer intake with fabbed cover plate
-chromed aluminum tall valve covers
-65mm throttle body
-EGR delete
-3G alternator
-smog delete
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1

Hey, you did say ugly. It's a work in progress. That's what the rockers looked like when I first got it, 140K miles and sat 8 years before I rescued it.
The covers were a gift.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #2
Hey,it is ugly,but, you have to start somewhere. Keep it up. One piece at a time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
There's an angine in there somewhere:X

Glad you mentioned "Foxbirdcats only"... You guys wouldn't have any interest in my 1.9 turbodiesel, 3.5 Chrysler V6 or 4.3 Vortec. Hell, I own them and I have no interest in them...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
Its my first build its as clean as I could want to do over some stuff this winter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #6
Not like you guys haven't seen this before;).

GT40P heads
GT40 intake
Comp 266HR cam
FRPP 1.6 roller rockers
FRPP GT40P "shorty" headers
65mm Edelbrock TB and EGR spacer
73mm C&L MAF
24lb injectors

Does the underside of the engine still count?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
Sweet. Hope this is as epic as the wife/gf thread on the corral. I inspired that one too. :hick:
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #9
Nice shots so far guys. I've got to get an aftermarket Mass Air meter for 24's soon. I'm hoping for a supercharger next year...late next year.

Reply #10
Before & After

Reply #11
Quote from: thunderjet302;344084
What supercharger is that? I've been looking at a V3.

You'd probably have to ask him, but I am thinking it's a V2. I am not 100% on that though. I do know it's the model with the self contained oiling, so you don't have to tap into your oil pan. This is a quick vid from the day we fired it up. Sorry for black & white, but the sound is the best part anyway. lol.

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg4/flstci71/Car%20Pics/?action=view¤t=MOV05665.flv

P.S. Lou, I never get tired of looking at your engine!!  :-)
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #12
Quote from: FLSTCI71;344095
You'd probably have to ask him, but I am thinking it's a V2. I am not 100% on that though. I do know it's the model with the self contained oiling, so you don't have to tap into your oil pan. This is a quick vid from the day we fired it up. Sorry for black & white, but the sound is the best part anyway. lol.

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg4/flstci71/Car%20Pics/?action=view¤t=MOV05665.flv

P.S. Lou, I never get tired of looking at your engine!!  :-)

It's a V3 as those are the self contained units, which is why I was looking at them.

You know sometimes I just open the hood on my T-bird and stare at the engine......is that bad? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #13
If it's self contained and it's a vortech i believe its the V3. The car sounds narsty
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #14
This is my favorite pic of my engine bay. I didn't take it it was taken by someone at a cruise night. I think it almost looks like a dealer brochure photo.