Skip to main content
Topic: Looking to gather floor console conversion parts. (Read 1088 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking to gather floor console conversion parts.

The winter project is going to be a floor console conversion and, if there's enough money, manual trans. Who has everything I need? I have grey interior, so that's preferred,  but if I can't get it all grey,  I'll make it grey.

Reply #1
Let me look in the garage. I may have most of it. I'll let you know tomorrow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I have a console, brackets, the inner bucket, a single power seat control panel (panel good, the face plate would need a little love), and no lid.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I'll give you the details after work. I got a console from Kitz which is going in my car, and I have another one ready to go. Can't remember if it's gray or red. My current console was red, I dyed it gray years ago, still looks great, just has some broken areas,so, trash can bound.

Reply #6
If you've got this color gray interior (smoke gray, like my Thunderbird):

I think this is a close match color wise if you have to dye/paint a center console: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MET-FV24/87-89-Mustang-Smoke-Gray-Vinyl-Interior-Paint
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
My apologies, I'll have the info after work for you today as far as color. Price.....$65 plus actual shipping.

Reply #8
Im hitting a yard on Sunday that had a red console. Currently i have a grey console lid, but its the 83-84 style. Its got the line running down the center.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #9
So, the lid Vinnie says he doesn't have, that's the storage compartment cover at the back? What about the radio/climate control bezel? That's different from the consolette setup isn't it?

Reply #10
I have some blue peices from a tc

Reply #12
I have a nice one, it's gray.

Reply #14
I can go grab a pic. I have no idea what shipping would cost. Not heavy, but a big box.
PM me your phone number for a text pic.