Skip to main content
Topic: Reproduction emblems: NEW pics (again) on Page 3 (Read 2921 times) previous topic - next topic

Reproduction emblems: NEW pics (again) on Page 3

I am making reproduction emblems for TBirds and Cougars. The first emblem out is the very hard to find "EFI-Turbo" emblem from the front fenders and dash of the 83 and 84 Turbo Coupes. I am holding the first one out of the mold (and through the chrome platers) right now.

We do have to make a small adjustment to the mold, but the final versions (that will be constantly available) should be out in 2-5 weeks. Pricing should be fairly equal to that of good quality METAL emblems (yes, my repo's are metal instead of plastic) at about $15/piece.

The next few items are the early-83 TC only door panel "Birds", the 87-88 "Thunderbird" and "Turbo Coupe" trunk script, and the 87-88 c-pillar "Bird".

These are MUCH nicer then the factory plastic emblems, and will really dress up the car.

If you have any questions, or are interested in these, please post up or shoot me an email.

Thanks!

:birdsmily:

:cougarsmily:

Reply #1
micheal id probly be interested in a full 87-88 t/c set
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #2
any cougar emblems for the pillar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
I'm in for an 87-88-style TurboCoupe emblem...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
Here's what's in the pipeline:

83-84 TC/XR7 "EFI-Turbo" fender script
87-88 "Thunderbird" trunk script
87-88 TC "Turbo Coupe" trunk script
83 TC door panel :birdsmiley:
87-88 c-pillar :birdsmiley:  (does anybody know if it's the same as an 85-86?)

Other emblems I have that *could* be made into emblems:
87-88 TC header panel :birdsmiley:
87-88 TBird grill :birdsmiley:
83-84 c-pillar :birdsmiley:
83-84 grill :birdsmiley:

I do not have ANY other emblems in nice enough shape to remake. If you guys (especially the Cougar stuff) want it, I have to be able to buy/borrow the emblems in order to make the molds.

Reply #5
Here are shots of the PROTOTYPE emblems.

The original emblems are plastic, these are made of metal. I have to clean up one of each perfect to be used as the mold basis of the PRODUCTION versions.

These will be the first two TBird/Cougar Emblems made (the 83-86 "EFI_Turbo" fender script, and the 83 TC door panel "Bird", since they can both easily be adapted to other projects).

Note that the bottom EFI_Turbo emblem is CHROME PLATED. This is how the final production emblems will come. The proper black painting will be optional (at no charge) so you can have the option of custom painting them, or solid chrome.

These are handmade out of Florida. We will be aiming for UNDER $20 each on the finished, chrome plated emblems. That's very competitive price with other PLATED and METAL emblems on the market for other cars.

Any questions?

Reply #6
cool where in florida maybe I can pick mine up
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #7
Titusville. My dear old grandad is making them actually (he does AMC emblems, hence the AMC stuff in the background of the last photo). If you see any AMX's smoking the tires down there, it's probably him (watch out for the Big Bad Blue 69 AMX with the flat black hood, it may look stock on Pro-Stars, but it goes 9.30's n/a).

Reply #9
LOL, Ok Eric I'll get right on that. It's really hard to take pictures of such fresh chrome :hick:

Reply #10
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;199783
It's really hard to take pictures of such fresh chrome :hick:

A tripod and some good back lighting so you can turn off the flash on the camera does wonders for those kind of shots. ;)

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #11
I could use some nice 87-88 C pillar emblems ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
Those are in line to be made ;)

Reply #13
OK, here's some new pictures.

EFI_Turbo ones again, the top one is the "rawest" casting, all the way down to the bottom "plated" one. The "E" has some issues I'm trying to work out right now.

The AMC emblems are to give you an idea of how nice the "finished" stuff is. The top is a "raw" one and the bottom is a "final product". Yes, it does have the mounting studs (a feature the c-pillar Birds will have).

Reply #14
Door panel Birds

A clearer shot of the EFI_Turbo emblems next to "right out of the mold" AMC emblem.