Skip to main content
Topic: 351 swap needs headers HELP (Read 3972 times) previous topic - next topic

351 swap needs headers HELP

Reply #15
ill go with anything that fits, but i need to be 200% sure that it fits..
1987 351 swap, T5, ac/smog/power steering delete, custom H pipe Borla ProXS lers..

Reply #16
right here in the engine swap section, you can expand to see all threads by selecting the options at the bottom of the page.  As it is now, this page loads with only a few threads by default.  just click on the option that lets you see all threads or atleast all threads in the past year. 

there are several 351w swaps posted.

Reply #17
I had MAC shorty headers on my '87 Sport and they rusted out in less than two years. The seams in the tubes split and I ended up having to install stock Mustang shorties to get through safety inspection (any exhaust leak will fail). I was quite disgusted...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #18
i did look through the older threads but it didnt say too much about long tube swap headers..i have a 10.3:1 cr 393, and i am choking the  out of it with the mustang stock shorties as a temporary solution..
1987 351 swap, T5, ac/smog/power steering delete, custom H pipe Borla ProXS lers..

Reply #19
Quote from: jcassity;151433
oh really?  you must have some demented love affair with thier dumb ass  design.  i had to pinch off the tubing in order to go with a decent bolt rather then those stupid ass 10mm bolt heads they recommend.

and headman does not like to use good quality paint either,,, it burns off on the first few passes to the grocery store.  "high temp heat treated paint" my ass.

i had no problem with the  on either of them. and as for the paint, i wouldn't know.. i sand blasted mine and used VHR header paint or whatever it's called. problem solved

Reply #20
I have 351W with T5 in 88 TC. I am using BBK ceramic coat Mustang swap headers for approximately 5 years now with no problem from leaks or fit. It is a PITA to get them in place as steering column shaft goes through the pipes between 7 & 8, I think.