Skip to main content
Topic: Aeromotive Fuel Pump (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

Aeromotive Fuel Pump

Looks like there is a sale going for these in the Stealth 340 series.  Has anyone used them?

From the chart for fitting they don't list our cars so do we look under Mustang 85-97 (Except Cobra)? 
P/N 11540: 340 Fuel Pump, Center Inlet

I bought a rail, injectors, fuel regulator (Aeromotive) , and gauge off someone on FB.  Having the injectors cleaned and rebuilt now.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Re: Aeromotive Fuel Pump

Reply #1
You want a filter to go along with all of that?

I'll be taking one off my car here soon.

You can see it HERE

I *think* it's a 10m unit, as it has the "cellulose" paper element in it. (It would need a new one)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
You want a filter to go along with all of that?

I'll be taking one off my car here soon.

You can see it HERE

I *think* it's a 10m unit, as it has the "cellulose" paper element in it. (It would need a new one)
Nice! 
I will leave it as a maybe.  How often do you need to clean/change the filter element out of it? 

I need to see where I am at money wise once I get the head back on the car.  Keeping my fingers crossed there's no cracks.
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #3
  How often do you need to clean/change the filter element out of it? 

I need to see where I am at money wise once I get the head back on the car.  Keeping my fingers crossed there's no cracks.

No more than a normal filter.

Thinking about it and looking at a couple things, I think I'm going to just keep it on the car and use it (sorry). So many things going right now, I didn't see an obvious solution to my concerns. :nonchalance:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
Understand.

Anyone use an Automotive pump?  Which one fit?

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #5
I haven't personally used the pump, but the one you have listed is the one we use.

The shame is that no one makes a specific install kit for our cars anymore. The Aeromotive will come with a kit that fits the Mustang. Our cars use a different strainer, which you can grab off of Rock Auto for cheap, and maybe a different O-ring. I grabbed an O-ring and locking ring for good measure. I just haven't ordered the pump yet.

Another thing to consider is going to a relay setup with a large gauge wire feeding it in the trunk. There is a significant voltage drop in the factory wiring. Feeding the fuel pump the proper voltage and providing a circuit that will handle the amperage will make the pump flow better, make it live longer, and keep the IRCM in the car alive longer.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
Just me but why not run a Walbro?  They have a 350 lph pump and it fits a Fox Mustang hanger so my assumption is it will fit the Bird/Cougar hangers?

https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-35467509-genuine-walbro-ti-350lph-fuel-pump-for-ford-mustang-lx-1986-1993.html
No reason other than I read the Automotive Stealth was very quiet compared to the Walbro.  The 255 lph Walbro would be fine for my car. 
Can you hear the Walbro in your cars when you turn it on?  How loud are they?

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #8
My Walbro 190 isn't any louder than the stock pump.
Mike

Reply #9
I never think about the 255 unit in my Coupe.  I hear it prime and then once the 331 lights off I cannot hear it anymore.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp