Skip to main content
Topic: URGENT -- Slip Yoke/ for DS needed (Read 434 times) previous topic - next topic

URGENT -- Slip Yoke/ for DS needed

I am in urgent need of the slip yoke and  for a stock T-bird/Cougar DS.  My  got mangled up and I was hoping the DS shop who is building my alum shaft would have one on the shelf they could use to replace it.  They don't have one to work and I have found that Ford has discontinued them.

Anyone have their old T-bird/Cougar DS laying around and would part with their old slip yoke and  (tranny end).

HELP!  The car is in my uncles shop and I am sure he would love to get it out of his way.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1
Don't have anything, but the parts are the same for Mustang.  It should be readily available to the DS shop.

Reply #2
Quote from: 86T-bird;385989
Don't have anything, but the parts are the same for Mustang.  It should be readily available to the DS shop.

Yeah that's what I was just researching...they should have access to something similar.

EDIT:  Just talked to the driveshaft shop guy again (super nice guy).  He says all the ones he has do not have the damper on them like my factory one did.  He said he can come up with something but he's afraid to do it without the damper.  I found several on different internet sites for fox Mustangs that do NOT have the damper on them either.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #3
Quote from: 50tbrd88;385991
Yeah that's what I was just researching...they should have access to something similar.

EDIT:  Just talked to the driveshaft shop guy again (super nice guy).  He says all the ones he has do not have the damper on them like my factory one did.  He said he can come up with something but he's afraid to do it without the damper.  I found several on different internet sites for fox Mustangs that do NOT have the damper on them either.

I can appreciate his caution, as I'm sure he wishes to make sure his unit works well in your application.

As a comparison, the custom mondo aluminum driveshaft I have (mondo as in wall thickness as well as diameter), has no dampener, just Mustang stuff.

Reply #4
I think I'm going to tell him to go ahead and use the one w/o the damper.  All of the Ford racing one's I found online did not have the damper...