Skip to main content
Topic: help lol (Read 3018 times) previous topic - next topic

help lol

Anybody ever had to deal with " System Tool " its taken over my laptop and wont let me do anything. Its basically set itself up as the admin and wont even let my antivirus program run, nor will it let me do a system restore. Says i dont have permission to do these things.

It acts like a anti virus program telling you your computer is infected but at the same time wont let you do anything about keeps wanting you to download it. But at the same time its already deep inside the computer taking control of everything. The laptop aint even a yr old yet and still has a warrenty but they still want to charge me $150 to remove it....idk what to do HELP !!:punchballs:
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

help lol

Reply #1
Use another computer and download MalwareBytes anti-malware (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php click-"download free version"). Once you have it downloaded, rename it to something else .exe (anything else; cougar.exe, or something). Some malware is pretty savvy and will recognize mbam.exe (the original file name) so it's just best to change it. Once it's renamed, copy it to the infected pc (the best way is to burn it to a cd, that way it can't be corrupted). Don't install it yet! Reboot into safe mode, then install it.

That should work.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

help lol

Reply #2
so after i install it i restart the computer and load it normally then it will be gone ? or do i run it in safe mode to get rid of it ?

help lol

Reply #3
Just copy it over to the infected PC. Don't install it.

Reboot into safe mode, then install it, scan for infections (a few will probably be found and quarantined).

Reboot back into normal mode and all should be well again.

help lol

Reply #4
cool i'll try this tmrw

help lol

Reply #5
Did you try this yet? Just wondering how it works out for you, good info for keeping if I ever have this problem. Hope you're virus free!

help lol

Reply #6
Yea it worked put the lappy in safe mode and installed it and ran a sweep, found it and was " Malware " not a trogan or virus so i guess thats why it got pass my security system.

help lol

Reply #7
Glad it worked! Hopefully this will help others as well

help lol

Reply #8
Glad it worked out for ya ;)