Skip to main content
Topic: Smog pump delete kit... (Read 752 times) previous topic - next topic

Smog pump delete kit...

Like the title states I,m looking for a smog pump delete for an '88 5.0. Thanks.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #1
On my 5.0 88, I just got rid of it totally.  Got a shorter belt and ran it in a different routing.
Mike

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #2
Yep, shorter belt.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #3
Do you have to route it differently, and if so do you remember how you did it and what size belt? Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #4
Here's the Stang diagram. Now, our steering pump bracket is different, so, the belt length may be slightly different, but, it'll give you a great starting point.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1315269-belt-routing.html
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #5
I bought one new from Summit racing or Jegs for like $25.00.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #6
Well for me, at wide open throttle, it is just a pulley. Order a belt for no a\c and I think you'll be close.

I had my smog pump lock up on me and just ran a shorter belt till emissions came up and swapped a "new" one I found sitting in the junkyard on.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #7
Quote from: 50tbrd88;368491
I bought one new from Summit racing or Jegs for like $25.00.

really I'll check all the ones I found were like $70 and up...lol.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #8
Quote from: Haystack;368517
Well for me, at wide open throttle, it is just a pulley. Order a belt for no a\c and I think you'll be close.

I had my smog pump lock up on me and just ran a shorter belt till emissions came up and swapped a "new" one I found sitting in the junkyard on.

I went to shorty headers and an off road h-pipe, so no place for the hose and no emissions here.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;368486
Here's the Stang diagram. Now, our steering pump bracket is different, so, the belt length may be slightly different, but, it'll give you a great starting point.

Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #10
Quote from: mcb82gt;368475
On my 5.0 88, I just got rid of it totally.  Got a shorter belt and ran it in a different routing.

Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #11
Quote from: cougarman;368482
Do you have to route it differently, and if so do you remember how you did it and what size belt? Thanks.

Let me check when I get home tonight.  Ill get the route and belt size.
Mike

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #12
Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #13
Quote from: cougarman;368526
really I'll check all the ones I found were like $70 and up...lol.

I caught them on sale when I was doing my HO conversion and c00ched it up.  Its a BBK maybe??  Can't remember for sure.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Smog pump delete kit...

Reply #14
I used the pink/red routing on the link.

I lost my paper that had the part number on it.  I will have to get under the car and try and read it off the belt.  Ill try tomorrow, Sorry.  It wasnt what worked for Mustangs.

edit part number is 6K860.  6 ribs 86.0 inches long.
Mike