Skip to main content
Topic: new project (Read 5755 times) previous topic - next topic

new project

this is what i've been working on the past couple weeks, it's going together pretty well. i'll keep posting pix as i update it also. parts should get here soon and i can finish it up. also, i gotta measure for wheels soon too.

this is mostly about the IRS install, and coil overs but i figure i'd post up the rest of the pix i took so far too lol, ill post up some pix of the t56 in drive train later on, along with the 302 tear town

new project

Reply #1
Rear coil overs just came in! Woot! More pix to come!

new project

Reply #2
Can't wait to see how you finish it.

BTW, I still have first dibs to buy it back if it ever goes up for sale.

new project

Reply #3
LOL, don't worry, I didn't forget the deal.

new project

Reply #4
That's it?!!? Just pics, no story?
I see T56, 302, IRS, and you mentioned coil overs and cage work. I doubt you're goin drag racing with the IRS, and I hope you're not goin road course/autoX with that drag race Kmember, so what's the skinny?

Nice job on the rear shock towers. That is perzactly what I had in mind when I mentioned shortening them for the IRS shocks.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

new project

Reply #5
Yeah, I figured spacers and coilovers may not fair well, so I did that with 1/4" plate lol... (what I happened to have)

K-member will be sold soon, and a MM one will replace it. Along  with there strut tower brace. As for now, I'm getting the back situated. Then motor time, while I'm doing engine work ill get the new front end together. Tonite or tomorrow I should have the rear irs mount finished too so there will be pix of that soon. I'm hoping to pick up where I left off with the white car, but better!

P.S. I gotta figure out what size wheel/tire I'm running in too... gonna be a 18, but I'm not sure what else lol. I think ill end up making something to help measure. Ive seen 265s up front and 295s in back but not with front coil overs

new project

Reply #6
With the solid axle 315's were possible:

new project

Reply #7
yeah, alot of cobra guys run them too... they gotta fit again, exp. after i modify that irs mount... did a little more drinking then car stuff tonite lol. tomorrow i should have more done. coil overs are assembled tho, and in place.

new project

Reply #8
what were the specs on your wheels again Jim? if i recal Hawk is running a 265 in front on a 18" wheel but i dont think he has coil overs up front. anybody else feel free to chime in on wheel/tire width with coil overs in front too 

o,... and more pix :D

new project

Reply #9
Sorry, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications.

I was running 17x9's with a 275/40 and the coilovers.

Rears were 17x10.5's with 315/35.

new project

Reply #10
Updates?

new project

Reply #11
Yeah what gives, you start a build thread and than disappear? :rolleyes: LOL

Looking good so far Nate, I forgot that you bought that car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new project

Reply #12
Ok lol... I've had a pretty interesting few years. Everything non thunderbird aside, I've started working on my car again. Some new update pictures, pulling it out of storage, the engine work i finished up. Crystal even helped weld some stuff for me. I'm hoping to get it started this year lol.

https://imageshack.com/user/natedog1366

Lets see if that works for now... using note4 to internet has never been more of a pain in the u kno what then just now on image shack.

new project

Reply #13
Quote from: Nate;455542
Ok lol... I've had a pretty interesting few years. Everything non thunderbird aside, I've started working on my car again. Some new update pictures, pulling it out of storage, the engine work i finished up. Crystal even helped weld some stuff for me. I'm hoping to get it started this year lol.

https://imageshack.com/user/natedog1366

Lets see if that works for now... using note4 to internet has never been more of a pain in the u kno what then just now on image shack.

I've been wondering about this car...you should probably just sell it back to me. Let me do a single turbo coyote, 6r80.

new project

Reply #14
I know a Crystal that welds...hmmm
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s