Skip to main content
Topic: Rear window Louvers??? (Read 5105 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear window Louvers???

Yeah that cooky but neat 70's fad I think will look cool on my 86 Thunderbird. So far Ive only found them for vans and Mustangs so I need to do some measuring to see if some of them might fit my Thunderbird. What do you think?

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #1
Someone here has them on an 87-88 but just who is eluding me right now .
 Hopefully they will chime in
Fox-less at the moment

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #2
For me they only look decent on classic Mustangs. I had a set on my 1985 Camaro IROC-Z one time on that big wraparound glass hatch. I only got them to keep the interior cooler.

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #3
Quote from: hypostang;319067

I believe you are thinking of 83Heritage
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #4
Quote from: hypostang;319067

I think that would be 1Bad88tbird

And of course 83Heritage has them on his '83

I really like the look and function of them, just wish they were easy to find and reasonably priced.
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #6
Hey yeah I've got a set on my 88. I think I've had them on it for 15 or 16 years now. For me it wouldn't look right without them, it's been so long. I've tried to see if they're still available with no luck, and someone else was supposed to be doing a search on them as well but I've not heard anything for a while. Here's a pic. if you've not seen it.

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #7
Those are kinda cool. I wonder how they'd look on a four-eyes.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #8
yeah Ive been doing some research to see if anything comes close to it but since my 4 eye's rear window is so curved a Mustangs one doesnt really fit. But they do look bad ass, 1badd88tbird

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #9
hey 83heritage, what did you do with those louvers you took off?

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #11
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;319191
Hey yeah I've got a set on my 88. I think I've had them on it for 15 or 16 years now. For me it wouldn't look right without them, it's been so long. I've tried to see if they're still available with no luck, and someone else was supposed to be doing a search on them as well but I've not heard anything for a while. Here's a pic. if you've not seen it.

That looks great! I want a set! :) I'll give you a shiny quarter for yours :). :rollin:
...and there was light!

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #12
Quote from: T-BirdX3;319240
That looks great! I want a set! :) I'll give you a shiny quarter for yours :). :rollin:

I was offered $300 at the Carlisle All Ford Nats. a couple of years ago. I was like yeah right. I couldn't get rid of them, like I mentioned my car wouldn't look right without them.

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #13
Quote from: 83Heritage;319237
I still have them. I was researching using some epoxy or rear view mirror glue to hold them on. Never really came up with a good solution.

Mine are on with 3M double stick tape. The main piece across the center is on tight, I've never had a problem with it. The four tabs on the sides I've had trouble staying on. I ended up putting a couple layers of the tape on them and sliding an end under the weather stripping. Plus I've fitted the bottom of the louvers under the weater stripping. That keeps the on pretty good.

Rear window Louvers???

Reply #14
id buy em from heritage if he wanted to sell em