Skip to main content
Topic: CAUTION - c00chrick (Read 665 times) previous topic - next topic

CAUTION - c00chrick

There is a thread over at the corral regarding c00chrick aka Patrick McCurdy. [Link]

Synopsis [as of 7/13]:

c00chrick sells a set of wheels [1][2][3] to jw98lx.

June 6th - Payment received by c00chrick
June 15th- Several PMs sent to c00chrick, no reply
June 29th - Corral thread started
July 10th - c00chrick says money is sent. Dares corralers to break his legs
July 10th to Present - c00chrick taunts the forum and generally makes an ass of himself

I bought a tripminder from him 2 years ago and found the transaction to be conducted professionally. I believe he had sold many items on various forums in the past without incident. However, I have posted this as a warning in case he has changed his ways.

The denizens at the Corral have also made complete asses of themselves in my eyes. The level of abuse seems overboard for the actions of the seller...thus far. Now if the "moneygram" doesn't come through by Monday, I see no reason to taunt him to the fullest.

Also, he hasn't offered any explanation and hasn't logged onto this forum since 6/27...both quite shady.

CAUTION - c00chrick

Reply #1
Looks like there was a resolution...c00chrick refunded the money, and then some.

As always (and as noted in the forum header), buyer beware.

CAUTION - c00chrick

Reply #2
Quote from: JeremyB;160604
There is a thread over at the corral regarding c00chrick aka Patrick McCurdy. [Link]

Synopsis [as of 7/13]:

c00chrick sells a set of wheels [1][2][3] to jw98lx.

June 6th - Payment received by c00chrick
June 15th- Several PMs sent to c00chrick, no reply
June 29th - Corral thread started
July 10th - c00chrick says money is sent. Dares corralers to break his legs
July 10th to Present - c00chrick taunts the forum and generally makes an ass of himself

I bought a tripminder from him 2 years ago and found the transaction to be conducted professionally. I believe he had sold many items on various forums in the past without incident. However, I have posted this as a warning in case he has changed his ways.

The denizens at the Corral have also made complete asses of themselves in my eyes. The level of abuse seems overboard for the actions of the seller...thus far. Now if the "moneygram" doesn't come through by Monday, I see no reason to taunt him to the fullest.

Also, he hasn't offered any explanation and hasn't logged onto this forum since 6/27...both quite shady.

Because I have no interest in Mustangs I rarely ever visit the corral, but the few times I have, and what I've heard from others,  would indicate that "making complete asses of themselves" is a common occurrence. For example, although c00chrick "dared" people to come break his legs, he did so AFTER several other posters in that thread threatened to do so.

Third post in this thread, by one Will88LX:
Any Corralers in the PA area know the guy or live close?  Pay him a visit and break his legs.

20th post in same thread, by ljinx23:
Have his info if you need it. pm me, or I may pay him a visit.

His "dare" was a response to their threats, in post #23:
Money's on its way bud. And for those tuff guys out there, ill give you my address, try come and break my legs. Itll be fun. I dare ya.

The really funny thing is that although he only made that post in response to people threatening him, the rest of the Corral-ers jumped on him as being an "internet thug". So, although I can't see why this situation happened to begin with and cannot defend c00chrick's actions and his lack of an explanation, I certainly can see why he "dared people to break his legs". If somebody ever threatened me online, for whatever reason, I'd have responded in the same manner.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

CAUTION - c00chrick

Reply #3
I thought the money would come in the mail today. Somehow I bet 0 of the corralers did.

Had c00chrick just shut his mouth and quietly refunded the money the WENZEL circle-jerk wouldn't have been initiated.