Skip to main content
Topic: Looks like the NSA took care of Bird351's profile (Read 4204 times) previous topic - next topic

Looks like the NSA took care of Bird351's profile

It no longer exists. All of his posts are missing and any thread he stareted has been deleted. Did he decide to take his ball and go home?

Reply #1
I can see his profile, but a search on his posts show no matches.

Reply #2
He took his ball and went home. He isn't really gone, he's just in everybody's ignore list. To give you an idea as to how much you all miss him, this happened several months ago :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #3
... really?  I talked to him on AIM a while back and he never mentioned anything about it.  Is he aware of this administrative action?  Heh.

Reply #4
he never really bothered me. :shrug:

Reply #5
Quote from: Ifixyawata;137479
... really?  I talked to him on AIM a while back and he never mentioned anything about it.  Is he aware of this administrative action?  Heh.

He wrote me saying he was never coming back - it was around the time that Saddam was executed, as this was the thread that pushed him over (in fact, IIRC and without going back to look, it may have been JeremyB that said something in that thread that did it). This was actually the last of several times he wrote me over the years saying he was never coming back - every time he got his panties in a wad over something he'd PM me for some reason telling me he was leaving. This last time he meant it, though. I didn't want to ban him or delete his membership or posts, however, especially considering that all of the other times he "really meant it" he did come back, so after a discussion between Eric, baxo and myself this was the admin action that was taken. If he wants to come back he's more than welcome, and if and when he does all his posts will be there for him.

*EDIT* I'm not sure if this is just and admin thing, but you should still be able to see his posts. If you look at where the post was "deleted", on the far right there is a "view post" link. Click it, and you'll see the post. Again, though, this may be an admin-only thing.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
The bitch never did like me.  :D
One 88

Reply #7
I actually got along with him.  I TRY to tolerate everybody and he never really did anything to me.......He did rub some the wrong way.  Sometimes he wasn't open to other people's opinions and voiced it loudly. 

I think he'll come back.  Just give it time.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
He snapped on me 2X the last one was the saddam was hanged post. Both times I dropped it, just let it go. Thinking that when you start talking politics and you have different views the argument can get ugly so I dropped it since I’m on this site to talk cars.

Reply #9
i still cant get any post even ones that were started by others like the one w/saddam

Reply #10
I can see his profile, but none of his posts. Any thread he started is also gone.

From my view, there is no *post deleted* area. It just skips from post "X" to "X+2".

I know I ticked him off in the Saddam thread (which I can't seem to find either) when I posted Senor Saddam getting hanged/hung/hangified. He read me the riot act, and I let it go.

He seemed quite closed minded. One could not give a factual reply to one of his threads without being told he was "sh*tting up the thread". On the other hand, it was interesting reading his threads on his future plans, such as the I6 and over-overdrive gearbox.

If ur readthis this Bird, we luv u come back :D

Reply #11
I had a few spats with him, but overall, we got along alright. It was mostly over anti-GM comments, but it ended up being a mutual joke.

I for one sided with him on the Saddam thing. I didn't try to convince him to stay, but I did try to convince him to take some time off and come back when things cool down. I guess part II wasn't an option after all.

Reply #12
He rubbed me the wrong way quite a few times but i know i have some other people here as well, but i let shiznit go, unless it totally  me off.did not have a problem with him tho, he was just over opinionated.

Reply #13
The saddam thread was deleted by me shortly after the shiznitstorm in order to prevent it from degrading into a "Perfect shiznitstorm". I guess it's just an admin thing to be able to see his posts - you guys really can't see the "How to post pictures" sticky? 

I personally didn't have a problem with him either, except that every time he got the sniffles it was me that had to listen to it. He did start some completely unnecessary and insulting arguments, though - anyone remember the infamous NFL thread?

Somebody do me a favour and check your ignore list in your user profile - if he's there and you didn't put him there, you can take him out. Like I said, he wasn't banned or deleted, he was just "universally ignored". He can even still post, but apparently only the admins will see it. If and when he comes back it'll be undone...

Reply #14
I don't have Bird351 or anybody else on my ignore list. When somebody is ignored, their posts are still displayed, but truncated to only show "xxx is on your ignore list, click here to display message". Like I said earlier, to non-mods, any post with Bird351 is non-existant, and any thread he created is likewise gone (including the "How to Post Pictures" sticky).

The picture below is what I see when Bird351 made a post. He made post #47.