Skip to main content
Topic: Clutch pedal (Read 953 times) previous topic - next topic

Clutch pedal

So I'm not 100% on whether or not I'm going to 5 speed swap, but I want to put feelers out for a clutch/brake pedal assembly.  Who has one?  How much do you need for it?  Or at the very least, what should I pay?  Just about everything else I need is relatively easy to find, but the pedal seems to be a bit difficult.  If I got one, I could at least sit on it and think, or maybe keep gathering parts based on opportunity.

Clutch pedal

Reply #1
They are now in the $100-$125 range on eBay. Usually a bit rough and sometimes without pedal pads and rust, sometimes hard with none of the electrical. Seen a few go for $200 in good shape with the electrical.

I think it's really high, about 10 years ago my pedals only costed me $40.

My current plan is just to add the tube and a pedal from an sn-95 stang, they are all over the junk yards. The pedal cluster is almost identical between auto and stick minus the tube that the clutch pedal fits in, and as near as I can tell, the parts are very similar from fox to sn-95 years.

For some reason gt pedals go for more, the i-4 ones also work and don't look much different to me.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Clutch pedal

Reply #2
Quote from: Haystack;462732
They are now in the $100-$125 range on eBay. Usually a bit rough and sometimes without pedal pads and rust, sometimes hard with none of the electrical. Seen a few go for $200 in good shape with the electrical.

I think it's really high, about 10 years ago my pedals only costed me $40.

My current plan is just to add the tube and a pedal from an sn-95 stang, they are all over the junk yards. The pedal cluster is almost identical between auto and stick minus the tube that the clutch pedal fits in, and as near as I can tell, the parts are very similar from fox to sn-95 years.

For some reason gt pedals go for more, the i-4 ones also work and don't look much different to me.

the clutch pedal arm on the 4 cyl mustang cluster is shorter
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum

Clutch pedal

Reply #3
I have one if you go that direction

Clutch pedal

Reply #4
I got mine for around $50, but like above said, that was about 10-15 yrs ago.  Nothing gets cheaper.
Mike

Clutch pedal

Reply #5
I have them as well. I'll ship you a set for $110.00

Clutch pedal

Reply #7
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;462905
Sold. lets move this to PM so I can figure out how to pay you.

PM sent.

Clutch pedal

Reply #9
Get a pedal set up out of a Mustang. I used the peddle assembly out of an 86 GT in my 88 Bird when I swapped in the 5.0. Bolted right up and it aligns with the hole in the firewall perfectly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.