Skip to main content
Topic: I just want to say... (Read 6313 times) previous topic - next topic

I just want to say...

Reply #30
Ahh yes, CougarNuts, that was the place. , that's been awhile.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #31
Quote from: Tbird232ci;465037

Meh.

Yup :)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

I just want to say...

Reply #32
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;464545
PS, there will be a new addition to my herd before long. It's a 5.0 and was born in Lorain in late '87.. ;)

So I went and looked at this car, and quickly realized I was fed a line of shiznit. It IS an '88, and a 5.0, but not a Sport like I was told. Has a carbed 5.0 that wouldn't run, the trans supposedly needs rebuilt, needs windshield, new interior, and had more rust than the Titanic.

Hard pass. Oh yeah, guy wanted 4500 OBO. I offered him 250 just to piss him off, her told me to leave lol.

If he'll get more than a thou, either s went up high as hell or I just grew a second pecker..

Ughh, people.

(i didn't think to get pics, but picture rusted quarters, a couple of large dents, busted glass, 2 flats, and you got it in your mind already)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #33
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;465046
So I went and looked at this car, and quickly realized I was fed a line of shiznit. It IS an '88, and a 5.0, but not a Sport like I was told. Has a carbed 5.0 that wouldn't run, the trans supposedly needs rebuilt, needs windshield, new interior, and had more rust than the Titanic.

Hard pass. Oh yeah, guy wanted 4500 OBO. I offered him 250 just to piss him off, her told me to leave lol.

If he'll get more than a thou, either s went up high as hell or I just grew a second pecker..

Ughh, people.

(i didn't think to get pics, but picture rusted quarters, a couple of large dents, busted glass, 2 flats, and you got it in your mind already)

Its hard to find clean ones in this neck or the woods, is for me anyway.  Sucks when people cant really describe a car to you over the phone more accurately.
Mike

I just want to say...

Reply #34
Quote from: Tbird232ci;465037

The times he showed up to CatJam, I don't think he even brought his car.

Nah man He rode with me in '07, I stayed the night at his house the first night he gave me the heebie jeebies. I slept on the floor in you and Nate's hotel room the second night.:hick: Worst part is, since I stayed with him I was gracious enough to pay his way in and all that stuff. He was the bottomless mooch. I got food, he was hungry too. Then a month or so later I saw him in a picture wearing one of my shirts that was IN THE TRUNK of my car.

I just want to say...

Reply #35
There's another one, but he wants 7500 and it is likely worth it. 5 lug swap, efi 351, big brakes, etc.

I can't spend that, not when I'm remodeling my basp00get. Guess I'll be content with a Foxstang for awhile longer LOL.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

I just want to say...

Reply #36
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;465046

Ughh, people.

Newest of these cars is 30 years old. You'll either find clean, nice cars that cost $$$$$ (and are worth it) or rusted/damaged/beat up POS cars for cheap. Most all the cheap ones are POS cars now.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

I just want to say...

Reply #37
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;464545
That, having been a member here for the nearly 14 years, and seeing how relatively unchanged this place has been, I want to thank Eric, Carmen, Chuck, and everyone else that's helped this place get to where and what it is today.

I was looking at another forum (gun forum) and how much they've changed, ie; sold out to corporate forum ownership and realized that we're lucky here. It's kept up by true fans with passion, rather than driven to be a profit generator.

For that, I applaud and commend you guys. You shagin' rock, keep it up. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PS, there will be a new addition to my herd before long. It's a 5.0 and was born in Lorain in late '87.. ;)

I have to agree with you about this site. I love it and hope it lives on forever pretty much as it is. This place and the members on it have been very very forgoing with their knowledge on these platforms in which I fell in love with we I first saw Bill Elliott driving it in 1983.
The different opinions, and views are awesome. It's nice to have a place to gather and talk about what we want to do with are cars and not get flamed (too much) LOL

IiI

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I just want to say...

Reply #38
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;465073
Nah man He rode with me in '07, I stayed the night at his house the first night he gave me the heebie jeebies. I slept on the floor in you and Nate's hotel room the second night.:hick: Worst part is, since I stayed with him I was gracious enough to pay his way in and all that stuff. He was the bottomless mooch. I got food, he was hungry too. Then a month or so later I saw him in a picture wearing one of my shirts that was IN THE TRUNK of my car.

Holy hell, I forgot all about that. I remember being at KFC, and him basically beating around the bush about not having money for food. I also had the girl behind the counter laugh at me for saying "Soda" instead of "Pop".
It's Gumby's fault.

I just want to say...

Reply #39
Hey , Whats up, new here to the forum , wanted to say hello, and greet everyone, I'm not very good at forums and if i am posting in the wrong area forgive me,
Robert

I just want to say...

Reply #40
Quote from: Tbird232ci;465116
Holy hell, I forgot all about that. I remember being at KFC, and him basically beating around the bush about not having money for food. I also had the girl behind the counter laugh at me for saying "Soda" instead of "Pop".

Oh yeah buddy. Didn't have money for anything. That was the year you had the 4-eye drop top mustang allllll the Vanilla Ice jokes, and the ride in Alex's XR7 fun times