Skip to main content
Topic: (New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics) (Read 33466 times) previous topic - next topic

(New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics)

Reply #45
Thanks very much!
...and there was light!

Reply #46
Awesome..how'd I miss this thread?

Subscribing!

And...do you plan on selling a few sets? I tell you right now, I'll make a payment for a set NOW. :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #48
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;382335
For real, I think I'd pay for a pair of those lenses.  What is the thickness of the plastic you're using?

.08 inches. I would definitely consider making some extra lenses, I have been trying to think of a fair price for a set. I would want it to be a reasonable price but yet also pay for the several hours of my time that goes into the lenses.
...and there was light!

Reply #49
When ever you come up with a figure post it. I'd buy

Reply #50
show me interested in a pair!  Some things are easier to just buy! LOL  It looks like their is room for 2, just to filll in the space.

Reply #51
Question: do the stock headlight lenses really cause so much diffusion that they could not be used, or did you just not want to use them?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #52
I'll answer that.  Yes. When using a projector, all the optic management is done inside the projector. The factory diffused lenses have in these cases a number of faults: They will block the volume of output even in stock form, they will take the superior clarity, focus and beam quality of the projector and scatter it, they can't shape a beam, only spread it and last but certainly not least, they're dated in appearance.  Having bashed fresnel lenses so badly, I'd like to point out that there is no point in going clear if you're going to stay with your factory light source. With modern clear lensed reflector based lights, optical management is done by a shaped or "jeweled" reflector behind the bulb.  If you were to put clear lenses over the factor smooth reflector and used a factory light source or, even a 9007 upgrade, your lights would still suck and people would flash you, but with projector retrofitting, the lens, or "outer lens" only serves to protect the projector from water, salt and dirt.

I should also point out that drop in "HID" kits don't work with either lens configuration, you will blind people and you will not see better, PERIOD.  I know from experience (on both sides of the headlights).  It's all about the reflector. HID reflectors are shaped to manage that light source, Halogen clear lens reflectors are specifically designed, and smooth reflector lights have fresnel lenses.  All are mutually exclusive.

T-BirdX3 and myself have upgraded our lights the right way, He has nicer lenses. 

And I want some. 

Bad.

Reply #53
let me know when you start doing tail light lenses hahahahah :hick:
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #54
Quote from: sarjxxx;382373
Question: do the stock headlight lenses really cause so much diffusion that they could not be used

I could not think of a safe or good way to use the stock lenses, see TheFoeYouKnow's post he nailed all of the reasons.

Quote from: Shadow;382394
let me know when you start doing tail light lenses hahahahah :hick:

Tail lights are huge!!!!!! O_o
...and there was light!

Reply #55
pleeeeeease? hahah
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #56
I wasnt implying that anything was done wrong, i was just curious because I would consider the mod myself if I wouldn't have to look at those eyeball looking projector lenses staring me in the face. The factory lens would help it look more natural at least IMO.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #57
Quote from: sarjxxx;382416
I wasnt implying that anything was done wrong, i was just curious because I would consider the mod myself if I wouldn't have to look at those eyeball looking projector lenses staring me in the face. The factory lens would help it look more natural at least IMO.

haha! :D I didn't take it as you saying that either! :D

IMHO they look even better in person, the camera seems to pick up the blackness of the projector lense more than my eye does. I also think that certain colored cars would look better with a different colored shroud. There is also many different chrome shrouds available to go around the projector, but to be honest I was not concerned at all about the looks. :p My wife and I were in Baltimore about a month ago and it was a slight mist coming down, it was a mix of rain/sleet, we were making a turn through an intersection that neither one of us knew. The mix of the falling weather, poorly painted roads, and the glare of lights from other vehicles the lines separating the multiple lanes making the same turn just disappeared. To say that I disliked that feeling is putting it lightly, that night I determined something had to be done to make driving at night safer. I bought new OEM housings and bulbs, that helped some but still wasn't anything to be excited about. Wasn't a week or so later I stumbled onto these guys and have no intentions on ever going back to the stock stuff! :D Sorry for the short story! lol :D
...and there was light!

Reply #58
I think it would look better with two projectors in there. Problem is, as much light as they put out, the brights may attract some airplanes.

Reply #59
Seeing the quality and craftsmanship on these lenses I'd be really interested in seeing you figure out a 1 peice style light. seeing how youve mastered making the headlights take it one more step. A large portion of people here have been trying to find a way around the inner/outer/headlight situation for years. It takes some  good talent to make those headlights look so good.

Just an idea.... Just sayin'