Skip to main content
Topic: Concept Ford Thunderbird - Is this for real? (Read 3724 times) previous topic - next topic

Concept Ford Thunderbird - Is this for real?

I was cruising through the internet and located this little beauty. Is this something that might hit production, or is it a load of hopes and dreams? Personally I love the body shape and would really like to see one on the road sometime. The specs show a lower then I would like in horsepower, but that design of the car is just very cool. Has anyone else found out anything about this yet?

X
1985 Muscle Car V8 Thunderbird
tbirdregistry.com - #56919
Lorain, OH. Assembly #151041
811 TBirds followed Mine

1988 Thunderbird V6
tbirdregistry.com - #80084
Lorain, OH. Assembly #111106

Reply #1
Just judging by the gibberish posing as English in the description I'd say it's fake. Especially where they say the car would have the AJ-V8 in it. If Ford built a new T-Bird any v8 would be a Coyote, but more likely it'd have dn Ecoboost engine
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Looks like someone was playing with a Taurus and Mustang on photoshop.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #3
I remember the retro cougar rendering somone made, it looked legit. I got all excited for it.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
I remember how well the last version of the Thunderbird looked and fared.

Let 'er die. Stuff of legend, and all that.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
I'm waiting for the new Bronco to hit the showrooms in 2020.  Ford was compelled to announce the impending birth after Trump slammed them for moving small car production to Mexico. Details here:  http://uscarstoday.com/2020-ford-bronco/.

Reply #6
I'm waiting for the new Ford Hindsight to come out in 2020.  That sounds perfect (and will be made in the USA).

:rollin:

Reply #7
Quote from: Kafer79;457882
I'm waiting for the new Bronco to hit the showrooms in 2020.  Ford was compelled to announce the impending birth after Trump slammed them for moving small car production to Mexico.

Yes, I'm waiting too

https://carsoid.com/2017-ford-bronco/

Code: [Select]
2017 Ford Bronco is coming! It’s official now! Yeah! (updated: 10.9.2016)
:burnout: