Skip to main content
Topic: How to polish crankshaft? (Read 2509 times) previous topic - next topic

How to polish crankshaft?

Hey guys Im putting new bearings in my 351w and would like to polish the crank what are some ways of polishing the crank and removing the least possible material. thanks guys lmk. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Re: How to polish crankshaft?

Reply #1
[Butt-head]Uh, huh huh. Ask Shawn, um, like, Tbird232ci or something. He's got a lot of experience polishing his crank. Uh huh huh.[/Butt-head]

Sorry, had to do it. ;)

Reply #2
Hey man,, if you want, pls describe the wear you are seeing.

if *****any**** journal has the texture of a record then it needs to be turned.  You wont have enough sand paper or time to remove that kind of wear.

please dont ask me what a "record" is like my kids asked, made me feel real stupid old.

Reply #3
Quote from: jcassity
please dont ask me what a "record" is like my kids asked, made me feel real stupid old.

yeah, if you dont know that a record is a playing card sized rectangular audio device then your beyond help :p

Reply #4
Hey guys Im putting new bearings in my 351w and would like to polish the crank what are some ways of polishing the crank and removing the least possible material. thanks guys lmk.

Paying and having it done,  It cost me usualy around $30 to have one polished and around $70 to have one turned.

Reply #5
Quote from: EricCoolCats
[Butt-head]Uh, huh huh. Ask Shawn, um, like, Tbird232ci or something. He's got a lot of experience polishing his crank. Uh huh huh.[/Butt-head]

Sorry, had to do it. ;)

[Beavis] heh heh, shut up bunghole! *kicks butthead in the nuts*[/Beavis]
i was actually going to use the same joke, you beat me to it fugger

and man, i miss Beavis and Butthead
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
I have every episode which was being sold by time life. 

I have 8 tapes.

Reply #7
My joke-response to this would be: "That's my fiance's job.."

So do we have any more votes for having a shop work on a part like that, like Dare suggested? At some point I'll be ripping my own 351W apart to work on it/have it worked on, and something like this may be a consideration. (although, like I said from the start, the short block was supposedly nearly brand new compared to the rest, heads and what not.. had to be replaced in 1997 or 98.. so who knows what it needs)