Skip to main content
Topic: wish i knew about this site last week! (Read 4195 times) previous topic - next topic

wish i knew about this site last week!

Reply #15
Nice Cougar. What all do you have planned for it?You're at the right place for info,tech,or whatever.Welcome to board,and keep everyone posted on progress.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
sleeper!!!!!!!! so far its got a 5.0 ho offroad h pipe w 1 chamber flow masters and dumps. it sounds like  cruising not intimdating at all till you crack in to it and it screams every one local loves the car .its got 4:!0s with a trac loc. saving up for aluminum heads probably gonna keep stock cam tho i want a smooth and not intimdating idle. i plan on spraying 100 shot on her. planning on install the shift kit asap. ive also got a edelbrock intake manifold  and a 255 pump for it . need to get a regulator and ill swap intakes. the suspension is all original and worn out. so the car squat and launches great evan on the street. i can stomp it from a dead stop  and she hooks .ive benn building stangs for years this is my first cougar tho.

Reply #17
Quote from: gotomgo;339626
ive benn building stangs for years this is my first cougar tho.

Well you should know that now there's no going back!
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #18
VERY LONG AND OVER DUE UP DATE. the cougars for sale if any one wants it . its in lothian md. i spun a rod bearing racing a turbo eclipse.. any one want it make an offer send me a pm . i have another motor for it but cant decide what to do

Reply #19
oh yeah i beat the eclipse tho.

Reply #20
Put the new motor in it. Keep it. You have done alot of work already and won't get your money out of it that you put in it.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #21
Just flip a coin and let fate deal with it......lol
Or sell the spare 5L and buy a 460, it worked for me ;)

Reply #22
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Reply #23
460 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting

Reply #24
Run with the big dogs. I really wanted to do a fuel injected 460/e4od in my bird. I just could not find a good engine/trans. So I went with the 351w.

Instead I am going to do a 6.8L V10 swap into my 02 Expedition.

Reply #25
i was actually debatting on taking the motor/tranny out of my f250 and building a powerstroked cougar. but im thinking it would be too big a project