Skip to main content
Topic: Parting complete '88 XR-7/HO or....whole car minus 5-speed (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting complete '88 XR-7/HO or....whole car minus 5-speed

I came across a nice '88 T-bird Sport for dirt cheap and really want to pick it up...I don't feel like investing time into the cougar when the chassis isn't perfect.  So, I'm parting it out OR I'd be willing to sell the car complete minus the T-5 for $1000 (a good AOD could be supplied at no charge when I get the other car).  All parts are still on the car and I would want a 50% deposit before pulling parts...I don't want to immobilize the car unnecissarily...it still runs and drives.  I would need to reach the $600 mark on "sold" parts before I would start pulling them...parting out this car will pay for the '88 Sport.  Some parts are killing me to part with, but if it means getting into a nice straight 'Bird again, I'm willing to do it.  Located in So. Jersey, willing to meet halfway(within reason).
The list:
Centerline 15x7's w/ M/T ET Drags(26x8.5) & 15x4's w/ cheapo 165/75's(not on car, no deposit required)- $300 OBO

GT-40 iron heads(cast.# F3ZE-'93 Cobra heads) w/ 1.84/1.54 valves, Crane valve springs and locks good to .550" lift, includes ARP head bolts...have receipts and spec sheet for springs- $600 OBO

'96 Explorer intake w/ internal EGR passage, lower is already drilled for IAC, IAC included and is 3 months old(includes 180* t-stat)- $150 OBO

Flex-A-Lite electric fan for fox mustang(part# FLX-185), includes fan controller, $320 invested in Jan/07...$175 OBO

Mac 1 3/4" f/l headers for AOD, ceramic coated, never seen rock salt/no rust...over $450 new, $250 OBO
Mac 2.5" off-road Pro-Chamber for f/l headers, never seen rock salt/no rust...over $250 new, $150 OBO

XR-7 Red leather interior, full console, buttstuffog gauge cluster, turbo coupe style steering wheel w/ cougar logo...PM for interior parts pricing.  Same for HO short block, mustang accessory bracketry, or any other unlisted parts.

This is a whole, complete, running, driving car...if you want to see the quality of any parts, send me a PM and I'll give you directions.  Looking to sell parts quick, please no tire-kickers.

Thanks,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #1
Ttt
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Reply #2
If you part it, I'd be interested in the fuel lines, complete, from tank to engine...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Even if I don't part it, I could still get you complete fuel lines from my other '88 Bird...I still have to pull the rear and fuel tank from that car before it hits the s yard.

Reply #4
any of your stuff full digital, where u have the full digital sender by any chance?
.: Lastest :.

Reply #5
No full digital stuff, sorry.

Need A computer for my 88 5.0

Reply #6
Wanted computer for my 88 5.0 T-Bird any wrecked 88 Aero Birds out there with one for sale

Reply #7
Sorry, no stock ECU's

Reply #8
I would be intersted in a few parts if you part it out.

The buttstuffog cluster, and the seat bealts, and if it has a sun roof I need the cover that pulls closed.

Please let me know.

Eric

Reply #9
No sunroof, sorry...but I can do the buttstuffog cluster...send me a PM with everything you're interested in and we can work out pricing.

Thanks,
Don

Reply #10
Well, I will be using most, if not all, of the speed parts I listed for sale...so those are no longer for sale...I will be cannibalizing the car so any good parts will gladly be sold off.  Feel free to make requests on parts and if I have 'em, I'll definitely let you know.

Thanks,
Don

Reply #11
How much for the steering wheel?Can you send me some pics of it that are clear.I'm looking for one with no dry cracking on it.The center horn button means nothing to me,I'll use my Bird's horn button.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
I never really paid much attention to the wheel actually...I'll try to get pics up...how much is the wheel worth to you if it's in good shape?