Skip to main content
Topic: WTB 86 weather stripping (Read 613 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB 86 weather stripping

I am looking for the 86 turbo coupe driver side door seal in very good shape, not sure if a 87 or 88 would fit?    Dave

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #1
Quote from: Dave D;297740
I am looking for the 86 turbo coupe driver side door seal in very good shape, not sure if a 87 or 88 would fit? Dave
Try this link .....
https://secure.steelerubber.com/homeframes.html
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #2
87-8 will fit also.
1986 Cougar LS

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #4
Dave, might be a little late on the reply but here it goes. For the dew wipe I saw the stuff from steele and found it a tad pricey. I used JC Whitney and the write up on this site and it came out perfect. For the door seal you need are you after the seal that goes around the whole door opening or the one that goes up the a pillar the top of the door opening and down the b pillar? If its the later I have some.

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #5
Dan, I needed the moulding that goes all around the door on the body, I have attached a photo

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #6
Hey Dave, Did you find the weather stripping yet? I might have it, let me know if you're still looking and I'll look for it.

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #7
Jay, I am still looking, did not find it yet. Is yours in very good shape, what I have now is in great shape but for the bottom where the feet swing into the car.  Dave

WTB 86 weather stripping

Reply #9
Dave, I have 5 pieces of the weatherstripping. I was having a hard time figuring out which side is which, so I checked my old crash book and there's only one number no left or right. So I went to the garage where my car is getting the heater core replaced to ask my mechanic who is also my body man. He told me the both sides are the same, it's just when on the car for so long that it gets the curves in them. I have one that I looked over real good and there is little to no wear on it at all. I took pics but they're too big to post on here and I'm on a newer computer that I still need to get my photo shop installed on. If you want to pm me your email I could probably send them that way.