Skip to main content
Topic: wtb (Read 570 times) previous topic - next topic

wtb

I am wanting to buy or trade for a smog pump eliminators pulley.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

wtb

Reply #1
Why not just bypass it?
1986 Cougar LS

wtb

Reply #2
Quote from: DVP;272416
Why not just bypass it?

X2,Just get a short belt.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

wtb

Reply #3
i have a brand new belt on the car when the air pump was on the car now i thought it would be easier to just get the pulley.
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

wtb

Reply #4
New belt is only $20 on average from shiznitzone. Just bypass it, its MUCH easier.
1986 Cougar LS

wtb

Reply #5
Check out e-bay, I bought one on there a few months back. I think I paid $35 for it with shipping.

wtb

Reply #6
the last time i had to get a belt autozone didnt have any super small belts compared to advance retard auto.

wtb

Reply #7
Quote from: blackcougar71;274367
the last time i had to get a belt autozone didnt have any super small belts compared to advance retard auto.

What accessories are you running? AutoZone had the right length for me only running A/C, Alt, and Waterpump.
1986 Cougar LS

wtb

Reply #8
I would agree with the guys saying to just bypass it, but have you ever tried to buy anything (from most parts places) that wasn't stock? The counter guys eyes glaze over and they treat you like you have the plague. If you're at your home store, no big deal, but if you're on the road and need the belt, you'll wish you had the eliminator.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

wtb

Reply #9
Take a string and measure out the length you need and tell them that.  Once you get the one you need, write down the part #.  I have a parts list I keep in the glove box for road trips.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

wtb

Reply #10
the only things i am running is alt, waterpump, power steering.

wtb

Reply #11
i bought a smog pump eliminator for $10 on ebay today.