Skip to main content
Topic: HD Poly Motor mounts for TurboCoupes and XR-7s (Read 1229 times) previous topic - next topic

HD Poly Motor mounts for TurboCoupes and XR-7s

HD POLY MOTOR MOUNTS  - 2 STYLES!

Well, I figured I'd post this here as well, even though I know there are few 2.3T guys here.  I'm taking orders for my latest batch of poly motor mounts for the 2.3T's for the 83-88TC's and 84-86 XR-7's.    Here’s the rundown. 

Style 1Fits SVO’s, Mustangs (79-93) and early TC’s/XR-7’s (83-85).  These are also good for pretty much any of the “other” Fox-chassied cars with a 2.3 not covered by another part number.  They do not work with the I-6 K-member.

These have been redesigned to no longer require the factory “adapter” plates to be able to mount them in any of the cars using the big square motor mounts (i.e. SVO’s, early 2.3’s).  All mounting hardware is provided.

No photo currently availiable of the Style 1’s with the new bases.

Style 2Fits 86-88 TurboCoupes.  These remain unchanged from previous batches.  All mounting hardware is provided.

All styles of the mounts come with HD polyurethane isolators and all mounting hardware and installation instructions.  All styles are zinc-chromate plated to corrosion resistance.  As mentioned, these motor mounts use polyurethane isolators and are offered as high-performance items.  There will be some increased vibration noticed after their installation.  It is most noticeable at idle, but the benefit is a stronger mount that holds the engine more securely.

Price:  Both styles are $125US plus shipping and handling.

Ordering instructions:

This thread is to ask any questions you may have regarding the mounts and their applications, not for placing orders.  To order a set you need to do one of the following (in order of preference):

1. Send me an email (cwarren@indy.net) with the following information, Name, address, year/type of vehicle.
2. Send me a PM with the above information PLUS a contact email.

Stating that you want a set in this thread without doing either of the following does not place your order.  Also, the reason for requiring the email address is that throughout the process I email the group with updates to keep you all informed of the progress.

Onto the process for those who are not familiar with how I do this.  I do not order a bunch of material and have it sitting around here in boxes waiting to go, I just can’t work things that way.  So what happens is that I keep ordering open for 2-3 weeks.  After that time ordering is “officially” closed for the batch as I use the orders to determine what I need to order in regards to materials (such as lasered pieces and hardware, etc).  Generally I buy enough material to build a couple extra sets, which are first come first served.  Payment is not due until 2-3 weeks after ordering is closed.  Once I start getting materials, the manufacturing begins.  So as you can see, it is not a “speedy” process, but that’s the way this works.  The average timeframe from the beginning or ordering to shipping is approx 8 weeks.  There may come a time when I “stock” a few sets, but I can’t do that right now.  Everyone who has placed an order with me has received their mounts.

Payment is to be by PayPal (cwarren@indy.net) or M.O. or cashier’s check.  If you will be mailing payment, I will give you the address information in your confirmation email. 

Again, if you have any questions, please either inquire within this thread, or email or PM me.

Thanks!
Chuck Warren
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Re: HD Poly Motor mounts for TurboCoupes and XR-7s

Reply #1
Those, Chuck, are some pretty motor mounts. It's a pity I don'thave a 2.3... or that I don't need mounts anyway...

So out of curiosity do ya make 'em for 86-88 3.8/5.0 cars? I've heard that they're unavailable from Ford...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Thanks.

As far as the 3.8/5.0 mounts go, at this point in time, no.  However, I also have never really looked at them either.  It might be something I could look into if I had some stock mounts to go from.

Reply #3
WOW those are nice... Almost makes me want to pull the 5.0 and reinstall the 2.3.

I posted on the other thread you started about the 5.0 mounts see that for more info..

Reply #4
Ordering is "officially" closed.

Thanks for the orders!

Those who have placed an order will be receiving an email from me this week.

Reply #5
hey chuck, did my friend brice get ahold of you for a set for an 86 tc and 89 2.3 mustang?
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.

Reply #6
Ben-
He got ahold of me and said you wanted a set, but then never got back with me with the rest of the info.  Email me if you are still wanting a set. (cwarren@indy.net)

Chuck