Skip to main content
Topic: Post your Christmas loot. (Read 1748 times) previous topic - next topic

Post your Christmas loot.

I know I'm late as hell with this. I'm actually amazed that out of the 6.21 active members we have, no one has beaten me to this.

As I've gone into my 30's, and become an actual adult, the gifts stop being as much fun as they are useful.

Anyways. Most of the stuff I got:

-Grilling seasonings
-Buffet serving trey
-Bunch of higher quality disposable dishes (We host a lot of small parties)
-Fight Club based painting
-Mustang key chains

I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but that's the majority of what I got.

I purchased a bunch of stuff for myself, but that's a totally different story.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #1
I pretty much ask folks to not get me anything these days. At this point in my life, I usually just buy stuff I want anyway. Don't buy me something just because you feel I *need* to have a gift to open with everyone else. I enjoy the time off work, more than anything.

My wife and I will buy something smaller for each other, and she got me a new backpack for bike commuting. (Something I would've bought anyway, but she beat me to it. :p )
Other than that, it was just a few random gift cards.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
The wife & I bought ourselves a new pellet grill late November so we kinda decided that was our present. 

The Mrs. did get me a local brew tour certificate and she coordinated it with another friend so i have someone to go with. 

It is a lot more fun watching the kiddos getting gifts.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #3
I got the harbor freight lithium jump box. Haven't used it for much more then charging a phone just to see if it worked.

We will see how it holds up.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
Interested here too Haystack, I got the NOCO jump box and its jump started a couple cars already, seems to work as expected.

Reply #5
From the husband: Front & rear dash cam for the Mustang, a bunch of books (he's going to nursing school right now so we agreed to keep the gifts on the "light" side)
From the parents: $100 Amazon gift card and a $50 Princess Auto gift card (kind of like a Canadian version of Harbour Freight). Amazon card has already been spent on electrical stuff (connectors, soldering iron, stuff).
From my sister (which was a huge shock, we've never exchanged gifts between siblings): $25 Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's gift card. She got it for me because I've done so much work for her and her husband

Birthday present (day after Christmas): Rechargeable LED light on a stand for shining up onto the underside of a car while working on it
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
Quote from: Haystack;468455
I got the harbor freight lithium jump box. Haven't used it for much more then charging a phone just to see if it worked.

We will see how it holds up.

We had a bunch of them at the Honda dealership I used to work at, for boosting the new cars that had been sitting on the lot for a while. They work awesome, as long as the car starts. If it's a car that's hard to start they will die pretty quickly. I'm gonna get one to keep in my ATV.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #7
I actually came home to find my sister's hood up. She didn't have another car to jump it off of and missed work.

Hooked it up, pressed the start button and it fired right up. It was showing 3/4 on the battery lights, after it only showed 2/4, but I haven't charged it, worked fine right out of the box.

My sister has a 40w seat heater cover, she forgot to turn it off and didn't drive it for a week.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #8
Chuck W
I pretty much ask folks to not get me anything these days. At this point in my life, I usually just buy stuff I want anyway. Don't buy me something just because you feel I *need* to have a gift to open with everyone else. I enjoy the time off work, more than anything.

Couldn’t agree more. About ten years ago I got the family talked into drawing names and buying only a gift for that person instead of everyone getting everyone something. This year my “gift” was everyone agreeing that we didn’t even need to do that.

Reply #9
Like a few of you, we don't really do presents because we move often and don't like having a bunch of extra stuff that we don't REALLY want.  That said, we do usually buy ourselves a couple of things.  I bought myself a propane heater for the garage.  My wife bought herself a new Cricut cutting machine thing.  My son did put together a raspberry pi emulator for me so I can play old video games, which is pretty cool.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver