Skip to main content
Topic: If anyone stumbles across 80-82 parts... (Read 977 times) previous topic - next topic

If anyone stumbles across 80-82 parts...

If anyone happens upon any decent 80-82 Cougar XR-7 (it has to be an XR-7 if it's a Cougar...the rest were the smaller Fairmont platform) or 80-82 Tbird parts (body and interior) drop me a line.  I'm looking for a few items. (front bumper cover, driver door, dash pad, TBird dash facia (black))

Trying to round up a few items now.

Would prefer in close vecinity of Indy.

Chuck
cwarren@indy.net
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Re: If anyone stumbles across 80-82 parts...

Reply #1
I know of a yard around here that has an '80 T-bird and it at least used to have an XR-7 of the same year (it was a cool one, had the old-school electronic dash and electronic 8-track).  Next time I go there I'll see what they're equipped with.  Only thing I could help you with is probably the dash facia.

Reply #2
Coolio.  Let me know.

Thanks

Reply #3
If theres anything else you need that you cant find I could probabally get it for you but I'm in B.C. I know where a couple are sitting out here, what year bumper cover are you looking for?
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #4
80-82...

Reply #5
Sorry shoulda been a little more specific, the 1980 has a small grill area in the bumper where the 81-82's dont have one but have bumpetettes molded into it. also some/all cougars had lights in the bumper and the thunderbirds do not, depends what look you want.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #6
The car is a 80 XR-7....

I see what you mean about the "grilles" in the bumper.

The bumperettes look silly.

There are lights in it as well...

Even just the grille section might be good to have....

I don't have pics of my car handy on this PC.