Skip to main content
Topic: OK Guys, School me on SN95 front brake swap (Read 2771 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OK Guys, School me on SN95 front brake swap

Reply #15
Yours stock MC is either 3/4 or 7/8 bore, where you're going to need a 1" bore MC.  The booster swap improves pedal feel, and reduces the massive right leg workout you'll get if you use the stock booster.  The SN-95 booster and Cobra MC in my car combined with my brake choices and the prop valve I used, give a very OE Cobra pedal feel. They feel neither under, nor over boosted. It could have only been better it I converted to all braided stainless hoses.
It's like I stole Baby Bear's brake parts.

Reply #16
Now you are referring to the 93 Cobra Master not the 2003 Cobra master right?
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #18
So I did the swap of all the brake hoses, calipers, spindles. Also bought the power stop brake kit for a 99 Mustang 4.6L. The only thing I did notice is that when I swapped (10+ years ago) the turbo coupe brakes onto my sport, I needed one adapter for the left front brake hard line to flex hose. When I installed all the 99 brake calipers to my front hard lines, Everything bolted to the factory hard brake lines. I reused the adapter on the left front, but I did not need the 7828 fittings at all.

Right now I am waiting on my MM caster/camber plates to bolt in on a set of new SN95 front struts.

I have to say that with everything I have done to this car, everything had to be modified. I will be happy when she is running.

Mods so far:
351W swap. replaced all bearings and piston rings
Stage 1 TFS cam
Edelbrock Performer heads
Edelbrock Performer intake
Fitech efi set up w/BMW block off plate
4R70W swap
Stiffler cross member
2003 8.8" Rear diff from Mustang. 94 rear brake hoses
94 Mustang front spindles/ 99 PBR calipers
99 Mustang Power Stop brake kit front and rear
Modified park brake cables
MSD Ready to run Distributor
Aeromotive external FPR
Modified fuel lines
80" serp belt. Need to remember that
95 Thunderbird cooling fan modified w/bmw fan switch and Volvo fan relays
Trans hump modified with one from a 2002 Mustang
Power passenger seat wired in
Quick 4 Trans controller for 4R70W
Econoline trans cooler
Headers/off road X pipe, Magnaflow cat back stretched 4"
2003 Cobra front springs.

so much more I can not remember.

1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout: