Skip to main content
Topic: PCV on 5.0 (Read 4454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: PCV on 5.0

Reply #15
I found that a  local Ford dealership still carries grommets and plastic motorcraft pcv valves for our cars( I told them it was for a mustang). Don't forget to replace the screen below the grommet, Advance autoparts carries them.

Reply #16
If I was paying attention to there being another page to this thread I would have seen that mjbtbrd already pointed out what I just said....Sorry guys

Reply #17
The high idle problem for 20th anny 5.o:

Check the two connectors right behind the upper intake (the salt and peppers).  They are known to cause a high, sticking idle when they are dirty or loose.  If the metal contacts are loose, the male ends can be widened by carefully bending the tips outward.  Do a search on the corral (http://www.corral.net) for more info on this problem.

Joe

Reply #18
Quote from: joefriday
The high idle problem for 20th anny 5.o:

Check the two connectors right behind the upper intake (the salt and peppers).  They are known to cause a high, sticking idle when they are dirty or loose.  If the metal contacts are loose, the male ends can be widened by carefully bending the tips outward.  Do a search on the corral (http://www.corral.net) for more info on this problem.

Joe

yeah, the fordmuscle.com reference earlier in the thread is an article talking about improving the contact on those connectors
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #19
Quote from: Dare
What does it Idle at?  Does it idle high or is this just like an intermitent problem?  If its high all the time,  it could be a vacuum leak,  TPS too high,  IAC sticking.    If its intermitent it could be a lean surge caused by dirty injectors,  or a dirty throttle bore.

When i first start up its atleast into the 1500's to 2 grands which it did not do before used to stay lower like around 500.

Reply #20
It's supposed to go to ~1500 when you first start it up.  Tap the gas so it goes over that & it should go down to normal.

If it revs up when you put on the brakes, the booster is probably leaking.