Skip to main content
Topic: I got banned from my Genesis Coupe Forum for a Week (Read 1837 times) previous topic - next topic

I got banned from my Genesis Coupe Forum for a Week

I'm a little frustrated, came here to vent.

Been a member of gencoupe.com since Feb/march of last year. Make a long story short, I bought some parts from a guy, received them completely damaged, he filed a complaint through Fedex, with an amount 1/2 of my purchase price. Takes him a month to send me the refund through Fedex and then refuses to take the parts back.After countless email with the member, I started a thread about "Do not buy from username". He must be an admit or one of his friends is an admin so they deleted the thread and blocked me for a week. Unbelievable. The site is just full of people ripping others off, and venders charging exorbitant prices for tunes/other parts.

All in all, everything about my new Genesis Coupe is not quite what it's cracked up to be. Makes me miss Foxtbirdcougarforums.com, and my thunderbird.

//end rant. Sorry for the useless post. But in all the transactions I did here with members or through members ebay sites, I never had a problem, well except for having to anxiously wait for parts. I may very well be back in a Thunderbird as a DD, if I can find one.

On a side note, I've already had a tailight, the ECU, a TPS, and my M/T shifter linkage and fluid all changed under warranty. Warranty is a good thing.

Reply #1
Banned from the Genesis forum? Isn't that like being banned from the chess club for a week. I wouldn't really call that a punishment. Maybe a hint that you need to step back up to the Thunderbird forum again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
^ Ban him for a week for complaining!  Lol! Just kidding!

Good luck with the Genesis.
...and there was light!

Reply #3
Quote from: jpc647;377988
I've already had a tailight, the ECU, a TPS, and my M/T shifter linkage and fluid all changed under warranty. Warranty is a good thing.

This would be, to me, a bigger worry than being temp-banned from a forum full of douchebags. A new car shouldn't need a new ecu and tps...unless it was junk to start with.

Yeah, you got the shaft on that forum...maybe Vin is right.... ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
Sell the Genesis and buy a Mustang.  You will be much happier.  These new 5.0's are the real deal.  If you want a good forum for the new stangs go to s197forums.com.

Or you could just buy a T-bird/Cougar and hang out with us more often!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
So, did you, or did you not, get a refund?  Your post makes it sound like you did. 

There are potentially bad parts on EVERY car, it's not a perfect world.  Had the internet been prevalent in the '80's when our beloved cars were new, I'm sure you'd see all the instances of faulty parts on new cars, and there would probably be more of them.

All car forums are full of douchebags, it just depends on whether you get along with that type or not.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #6
Quote from: 50tbrd88;377996
Sell the Genesis and buy a Mustang.
IIRC he didn't want something so common as the Mustang or maro. :punchballs:
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;377989
Banned from the Genesis forum? Isn't that like being banned from the chess club for a week. I wouldn't really call that a punishment. Maybe a hint that you need to step back up to the Thunderbird forum again.

Haha, yes. It's not a big loss, but it is still aggravating. Makes me feel like the forum is hiding or sticking up for those selling goods, just because they pay a membership. And if buyers get screwed, well oh well.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;377991
This would be, to me, a bigger worry than being temp-banned from a forum full of douchebags. A new car shouldn't need a new ecu and tps...unless it was junk to start with.

Yeah, you got the shaft on that forum...maybe Vin is right.... ;)

The TPS shorted out and caused a problem in the ECU. Or visa-versa. I forget. But yes. But I agree, 8-10 of those guys are douche bags.

Quote from: 50tbrd88;377996
Sell the Genesis and buy a Mustang.  You will be much happier.  These new 5.0's are the real deal.  If you want a good forum for the new stangs go to s197forums.com.

Or you could just buy a T-bird/Cougar and hang out with us more often!

I've been looking for another 87-88 bird. There was a nice silver cougar for sale on the forum but too far away. There is a local modified car for sale, but the guy wants a ton of money, and no bird/cougar is worth what he's asking. And there is some rust.  But i'll be on this forum for a long time. :)

Quote from: Chuck W;377997
So, did you, or did you not, get a refund?  Your post makes it sound like you did. 

There are potentially bad parts on EVERY car, it's not a perfect world.  Had the internet been prevalent in the '80's when our beloved cars were new, I'm sure you'd see all the instances of faulty parts on new cars, and there would probably be more of them.

All car forums are full of douchebags, it just depends on whether you get along with that type or not.

The only refund I got was for the damage that Fedex said could have been due to them, which amounted to half the value of the items. But fixing it now would cost more than I paid for them. So I'm screwed either way. Thus I started the thread, and got banned. Long story short.

But is the parts are scratched and dinged, and the packaging when arriving at my place is perfect, one would have to think the goods were shipped out damaged.

I agree, I don't expect the car to be perfect. Things happen.

Quote from: shame302;378001
IIRC he didn't want something so common as the Mustang or maro. :punchballs:

That is true, sort of. I wanted something different. So I didn't want a v6 mustang or camaro. I drove a Camaro SS but I couldn't see out of it. Very hard to see, not a good daily driver. Come to find out, they now make integrated spot mirrors that would have been helpful. 

I drove a Mustang GT with the new 5.0. My problem was on the test drive I had problems with the "my-key". Both keys were showing up as limited/restricted. They had to go reprogram them while I was there. So I was turned off by the car...

Reply #8
Quote from: jpc647;378012
That is true, sort of. I wanted something different. So I didn't want a v6 mustang or camaro. I drove a Camaro SS but I couldn't see out of it. Very hard to see, not a good daily driver. Come to find out, they now make integrated spot mirrors that would have been helpful. 

I drove a Mustang GT with the new 5.0. My problem was on the test drive I had problems with the "my-key". Both keys were showing up as limited/restricted. They had to go reprogram them while I was there. So I was turned off by the car...

The only way to get something different is to build it/mod it yourself. A generic Hyundai certainly isn't the way. Sorry to hear it turned out to be an unreliable/problem car.

Far as the camaro goes, I've got nothing nice to say about it. It's disgusting and repulsive. The Ford "My Key" was likely restricted as to keep would be tire kickers from beating the bag out of the car. I can't fathom why that would turn you off of the car.

Anyway, good luck with whatever it is you decide to do.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #9
Quote from: shame302;378018
The only way to get something different is to build it/mod it yourself. A generic Hyundai certainly isn't the way. Sorry to hear it turned out to be an unreliable/problem car.

The Ford "My Key" was likely restricted as to keep would be tire kickers from beating the bag out of the car. I can't fathom why that would turn you off of the car.

Anyway, good luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

Thanks. My thoughs on the Hyundai, are it comes with everything, nav, sunroof, leather, heated seats, etc. And was around 6-7k less than a mustang. As a "struggling" college student, it meant the difference between owning it outright and having to loan(albeit, I could have paid it off by now). Also, it's a new design, I don't see many, and I see even less Track Pack cars.

Your thoughts on the "tire-kickers" might be spot on. But it seemed they had an very hard time getting it to work properly. The told me the key's were not covered under warranty outside of a year, and I got concerned. Maybe it wasn't a screwed up system, or maybe the salesman didn't know any better, I don't know. If it were true, they come that way for that reason, he should know that, and if that was the reason, I wouldn't have been so turned off by it.

I wasn't turned off by the feature, but the fact they couldn't turn it off/make it work.  The feature is neat, but I wanted to go past 3,000rpms on the test drive.

Reply #10
I actually like the Genesis. A coworker owns one and the paint is a mile deep. I dig the quarter windows, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Quote from: cougarcragar;378027
I actually like the Genesis. A coworker owns one and the paint is a mile deep. I dig the quarter windows, too.

Does he have a Genesis or a Genesis Coupe? Thanks for the compliments. I like the windows too.

Reply #12
Quote from: Chuck W;377997

All car forums are full of douchebags

Hooray!

We're Douchebags!!!!  HAHAHAHA! :rollin:

Sorry, I had to do it.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #13
Quote from: jpc647;378044
Does he have a Genesis or a Genesis Coupe? Thanks for the compliments. I like the windows too.

It's a coupe with the 6-cyl. I was very disappointed when I looked inside and saw that it had an automatic transmission. :disappoin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]