Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015 (Read 117710 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Reply #45
Jerry, Well then congrats on getting your New Title friend. ;)

Reply #46
Thanks Dan, It was worth the wait.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #47
Todays action shot.
Grabbed a couple pics of the steam coming off the roof after the big rain we had.
As you can see by the beading water, I waterproofed the top. It no longer leaks badly. just a couple of drips from where the window moulding is worn. I admit that I was very worried about the stories of these cars not being very waterproof, but after the insane downpour with 45 mph winds that we had last week, I'm no longer worried about the lower half of the car filling up with water. It's definitely water tight.
I can now check that off my list for this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #48
The other day I was evaluating the work for the Vert. It's gonna need some parts for sure.
Fortunately I have acquired lower quarter panels to use as replacements if if comes to that.
This is what I'm looking at on the drivers side. the pass, side is somewhat the same.

Here you can see that the filler is so thick that it's cracking off in chunks.

This is how thick it is. I'd say it's about 3/8"

Not sure if I mentioned that I cut the door jambs off the parts bird to use on the vert.

I've also acquired another decent set of red door panels for the inside. Formerly from another Cougar Vert. (what are the chances of that :D)
pics to follow later

I also found the front moulding for the front of the drivers side.
now have spring hinges for the hood.
Also have a full (correct color red) center console with storage tray until I change over to a floor shifter.

So I'm almost done with the parts search for this car. All I need now is a power antenna, a new top, and some weather stripping.
This project should go a lot quicker then the 87, seeing that everything has already been upgraded for me.
I've decided to also paint the car black, seeing that I have enough paint to paint both cars now. lol

That's all for the update this month.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #49
got some new to me parts for the repairs.

rust free parts at that

And when I fill this trunk up with enough parts. It will be time to start this project.
What do you know....... almost full. LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #50
What's with all the bondo?:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #51
The best that I can figure...... It was totaled in an accident and repaired under a rebuilt title in the Chicago area. there's a lot of welding inside the trunk-well and behind the back seat on the drivers side. I think some of it was rust repair during the collision repair. It must have got smacked behind the door. We'll get into all that when the car comes apart. Should make for another exciting project. :D

The rebuild title went away after it left Illinois and got re-titled in Florida. My NY title also doesn't have a rebuild brand on it either.
or
The carfax info was wrong, and it doesn't have a rebuild title on it from Illinois. Bear also knew nothing about it when I told him.
What to believe.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #52
any progress on the project?  i would love to do one of these one day

Alan
Current: 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo LS (Aug 04 - current)
Previous: 1993 Thunderbird LX (Jan 04 - Aug 04)
Before that: 1986 Cougar GS (Nov 85-Nov 2002)
i am looking for another cougar/tbird, any leads on long island, let me know

Reply #53
Sorry, where won't be any progress until the other project gets finished.
This was sort of a sneak peek of my next project
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #54
While I had a few minutes. I decided to see what the problem was with the top not going up or down....
found the problem... boy does this leak. the down side.... it costs $139 per side to put the top up and down with a switch. The up side..... I rust proofed the entire inside of the floor using this cylinder and about a gallon of fluid.

I'll be doing some odds and ends in the next few weeks to get it ready for the season. I'll have a few updates here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #55
All the people that say, "Sure wish I had a Cougar convertible"...they have no idea how much financial pain comes with ownership. ;)

Reply #56
yea, it's fun..... can't wait to replace every single piece of weather stripping on the car, That they don't actually make for the car. I also have a wiring short in the back going to the pass side quarter window. only goes up when it's sunny out. lol
and the car dies when you turn the headlights on, and drains the battery. (Alex found out the hard way)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #57
also got a complete set of door panels I'll be installing soon. Yes, this is a repost from the last page, but they're actually getting installed this time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #58
upgrade time..
out with the old

and in with the new...

Come to find out, that the interior door panels that were on the doors did not match. they were close but the design was different one had power locks and the other didn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #59
Looks much better.I'd like to have some solid,light gray TC style door panels for mine...in mint shape.Since that'll never happen,I'll stick with the ol' tried and true......from your parts car.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..