Skip to main content
Topic: Cruise control (Read 798 times) previous topic - next topic

Cruise control

I finally fixed my broken cc servo. Parts cost $0.  I never heard of anybody opening one up, but you can get remans so I figured somebody MUST open them. I pulled the unit, snipped the band and had me a looksee inside.  The pull was broken off the servo piston (a glorified plastic disc with a pull nub on it) the fix, drill a 1/8 hole up through the disc into the pull, apply epoxy, then fix together with a short, and I do mean short, screw. wait to cure, reassemble.  Applied a thin layer of black RTV to the rim of the rubber bellows where it seals against the case halves, reinstalled the band around the servo and secured it with a large hose clamp to keep it from spreading back open and reinstalled in vehicle.  Don't mix up the dump hose with the supply hose (you'll get a very loud surprise when right after startup the servo pulls to WOT), it's a good way to verify the repair, but not worth the shock.  Road tested, and then had a beer.  Wish I had thought to take pics.

Cruise control

Reply #1
humm,, usually the clip on the servo breaks so your cable is not connected anymore.
interesting fix