Skip to main content
Topic: Taurus Police Interceptor (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Taurus Police Interceptor

Reply #1
I've only seen online pics. Thankfully they haven't started using them around here yet! :D
...and there was light!

Reply #2
Amazingly there is one on the local Ford lot here, all black and nasty looking. If I get a chance I'll go get a pic

Reply #3
I have not seen one yet, but I did spy one of those new GM rear-drive ones that the new "SS" is based off of. 

Sorry but I think these are cooler than the Taurus.  You gotta have RWD in a cop car!

Photo I nabbed off Edmunds.com:
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
We still don't have Impalas around here. I only see Crown Vics.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #6
Quote from: 50tbrd88;394611
I have not seen one yet, but I did spy one of those new GM rear-drive ones that the new "SS" is based off of. 

Sorry but I think these are cooler than the Taurus.  You gotta have RWD in a cop car!

Photo I nabbed off Edmunds.com:

the Luxo Barge caprice... keeping Australia's manufacturing alive :P
we don't even use them as police cars, we use the short wheel base version.

I like the new Taurus, pretty menacing looking car.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #7
Quote from: EFFalcon;394616
the Luxo Barge caprice... keeping Australia's manufacturing alive :P
we don't even use them as police cars, we use the short wheel base version.

I like the new Taurus, pretty menacing looking car.

From what I understand, this new SS is going to be the short wheel base version as well?  The one I saw was pretty cool lookin.  I didn't even think they were out in large numbers yet, was very surprised to see one. 

I will agree the new Taurus is nice looking as well.  My uncle and my in-laws have identical red 2010 Taurus Limited's and both are very nice cars.  I'd love to drive one of the SHO models to see how that ecoboost motor runs.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #8
I just hate that is one more type of cop car to watch for! :evilgrin:
...and there was light!