Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 22742 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #165
Needs a shorter air cleaner  :toothless:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #166
Wiring went well today... For the most part.... Its not done yet but its layed out ready to make most of the connections. Ive still got to run the feed to the battery and fuel pump but its getting down to the nitty gritty.

Reply #167
Got some more wiring done, still have a little bit more but just trying to find time to do it. I still have to run the power to the fuel pump and the hot from the battery. And need to redo my fan setup and the relay for that as well. As much as I like the dual fan idea, I think I'm going to revert back to the single 16" fan for sake of being thinner. And weighing less.

Reply #169
Sounds good!
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #170
What's the reasoning for the 1" spacer under the FiTech?  If you could ditch that and use a 1" drop cleaner you might be able to use a stock hood.  May have to do some metal work on the underside of the hood but others have fit 351W under a stock hood in these cars.

Making some hella progress!

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #171
Sounds good!
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #172
What's the reasoning for the 1" spacer under the FiTech?  If you could ditch that and use a 1" drop cleaner you might be able to use a stock hood.  May have to do some metal work on the underside of the hood but others have fit 351W under a stock hood in these cars.

Making some hella progress!
The 1 inch spacer is in there because I plan on running a plate system in the long run so the height is accounted for already. I already have a drop base air cleaner and it sits on the AN fittings coming from the unit and no matter how I direct the fittings they hit. The trickflow intake is about the same height as a super victor maybe a touch taller. I already have 1/2" spacers between the k member and body. I could get away with running a 1" air cleaner element. But even so, the base of the drop down is above the fender line... And the picture was taken before I tossed the spacer in.

Fitment issues a plenty lol if I would have been a smarter man I would've just got a victor jr and went with it but I wanted to be difficult and go against the grain.

Also, since the video was taken the pickup in the unilite ped out on me so I haven't been able to tinker anymore with it. The new pickup will be here tomorrow.

And aside from the tach, all the factory gauges still work

Reply #173
Got the fenders back on today and all the wiring tidy'd muddled through some tuning parameters on the fitech because I couldn't get it to idle down right. I think it's just running through the self learn parts still cause it runs a little better each time I walk away from it. Also put the mach 1 chin spoiler on as well. And I got mine from lmr, and the fasteners they sent it with SUCK. Definitely going to upgrade those before the season hits.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/401372653322372/permalink/2634490053343943/

Reply #174
Shes back on the ground. Coolant leak is fixed. I'm ordering a vfn hood tomorrow so shes wearing her Sundays best until that one shows up. But now the issue is a idle hunting game and a stalling issue but its on the up and up now and hopefully it will tune itself around after a few mile are put on it. Fitech systems are initially set up for a automatic so 200 rpm drops suddenly wig it out

Ive got plenty more work to do getting the interior put back together and finishing up some dirty bits but its getting there.

It did move under its own power today. About 8 feet total and that makes me happy.

Reply #175
It did move under its own power today. About 8 feet total and that makes me happy.

:like: 

Reply #176
Always good when they at least can motivate themselves.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #177
Always good when they at least can motivate themselves.

Yes it is.

Ordered the hood today. So in 6-8 weeks she should be a complete (-ly ugly) running and driving car and out on the streets again. The temporary hood will suffice for now but that is exactly what it is, temporary.

Then when the weather is cooperative a bomb job is in order just to make the car slightly easier on the eyes

Reply #178
I usually update here and Facebook at the same time but dropped the ball yesterday. The car is cleaned off and the interior put back together and kinda looks like a car again

Y'all probably already saw it on Facebook but the scoop is just temporary lol

Reply #179
I got the scoop mounted and the battery tied down yesterday and backed it out of the garage for a little bit to wash some of the crud off of it in the rain.

Today I added some turndowns and tweaked the exhaust a bit because it was hanging WAYYYYY to low and with the car being as low as it is anyway I didn't want to take any chances on losing a ler to the pothole lords here in Fort Wayne.

So I decided to take it out for a lap around the block. It was running great, shifting good very responsive. Decided to give it the beans a couple times and must have had an intake gasket not sitting right when I put it together or the wrong one or something along those lines but pushed the clutch in coming to a stop and the idle wouldn't come down. Wtf? Ive been chasing a idle hunt/surge for a little bit I just chocked it up to needing to be driven some to tune it out... Well it turns out I had a minor vac leak the entire time and didn't know. So sometime in the very near future I will be putting some new gaskets in. Not a big deal just mildly irritating. Better now while its py out.

But I will say this... Just from giving it the beans a couple times, I'm going to need new tires very, very soon.