Skip to main content
Topic: CWE Shock Bracket CAD files (Read 5069 times) previous topic - next topic

CWE Shock Bracket CAD files

OK, so I've been looking to do this for a while, but I've been just busy as hell with everything else going on to do this.

Here are the CAD (and pdf) files for my shock brackets. ---------> CWE Shock Brackets

They are older .dxf/dwg files as well as PDF's for those who just want dimensions.

You need 4 side plates and 2 of everything else for a set.

Could they be improved? Of course. Have at it if you want to.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #1
Do you have a PN for the stud?

Reply #2
Quote from: JeremyB;458314
Do you have a PN for the stud?

I was just using a 1/2"-13 x 1.25" gr8 bolt, but a pressed-in stud would work too. You would just need to size the hole in that plate appropriately for it.

Reply #3
That's really nice of you for posting.

I'm sure it'll help future forum members for a long time. I downloaded, in case I ever find another t-bird.

Reply #4
You're a good man for posting this.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
If I can find the files, I'll upload the SFC seat braces also.

Reply #6
I cant seem to be able to download the CAD Files?
1986 Ford Thunderbird
!!COMPLETED!! 427 ci ROUSH engine swap<<!NEW! Fed by a Holley Terminator EFI setup/ custom COP setup ignition
 8.8 rear. with 4:10 gears, Eaton Trutrac diff, 31 spline axles and external breather system. Had it cleaned, sandblasted, and powder coated.
Holley Terminator EFI with custom made CNP ignition system

"Its kind of like driving the red headed step child of the mustangs" :hick:

Reply #7
Thanks Chuck for uploading the pdf files/drawings too.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #8
Quote from: cougarbird86;462075
I cant seem to be able to download the CAD Files?

Sorry that I missed this...like REALLY missed it. They are OLD AutoCAD files, but people should be able to DL them.

Reply #9
Quote from: Chuck W;465021
Sorry that I missed this...like REALLY missed it. They are OLD AutoCAD files, but people should be able to DL them.

haven't had any issues accessing and downloading the files personally.

what most people need to do is right click the file name>save link as

Reply #10
Never mind, got it all working! Thanks for the right clicking advice and thankyou for the drawings! Currently got them all turned into a solid model ready for machining!

My car isn't near me and also in storage, so I cant do measurements, but the one base has an offset hole. In what way should this plate be orientated?
1986 Ford Thunderbird
!!COMPLETED!! 427 ci ROUSH engine swap<<!NEW! Fed by a Holley Terminator EFI setup/ custom COP setup ignition
 8.8 rear. with 4:10 gears, Eaton Trutrac diff, 31 spline axles and external breather system. Had it cleaned, sandblasted, and powder coated.
Holley Terminator EFI with custom made CNP ignition system

"Its kind of like driving the red headed step child of the mustangs" :hick:

Reply #11
Quote from: cougarbird86;468287
Never mind, got it all working! Thanks for the right clicking advice and thankyou for the drawings! Currently got them all turned into a solid model ready for machining!

My car isn't near me and also in storage, so I cant do measurements, but the one base has an offset hole. In what way should this plate be orientated?

Sorry. I suck at responding to posts. :hick:

That hole is offset towards the middle of the bracket. (Or down, if you look at it how it's installed)