Skip to main content
Topic: wheels/tires (Read 2027 times) previous topic - next topic

wheels/tires

I just got my new turbo coupe rearend installed over the course of the week.  I am now looking for 17'' wheels/tires as my stock 14 inchers wont work.  Will a 17x9 with 245/45/17 tires work without rubbing...and if so can I step it up to a 275?  I'd like a meatier tire if at all possible.  Also I have to keep in mind I put in Steeda springs, of which I bought slightly used and am not sure how much lower the car will be.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Re: wheels/tires

Reply #2
Hey thanks for the feedback.  That's what I had in mind, 245's in front and 275's in the rear.  The wheels I have in mind are the '03 Cobra style ones in 4 lug.  I believe the SVT Cobra's come stock with 275's anyway...I just didn't know for sure if it would all work out with my 'bird.  I love your car btw, been watching it's progress on cardomain for a while!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube