Skip to main content
Topic: Philly, DC, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Allentown (Read 14649 times) previous topic - next topic

Philly, DC, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Allentown

Reply #30
obviously phoenix would be better for me but really jarettsville is doable if that works for other people.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #31
Any of you butt nuggets still interested in trying to have a meet?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #32
Quote from: Tbird232ci;467164
Any of you butt nuggets still interested in trying to have a meet?

Heck yeah.....

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #33
Hopefully we can get a few more guys to chime in.

You and I are about 4-4.5 hours apart depending on where you are on LI. Would be a lot of driving for a two car meet.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #34
I drifted away from logging in to this forum for a few reasons one of which it seemed the discussion moved over to facebook and I don't do facebook, instagram and whatnot.  There was a black XR-7 that recently popped up around Westminster - one time left on the side of the road near Random House on MD 27 some time around March or April.  Then I think it was listed for sale on the Internet more recently.  I can't remember if I saw it on ebay or Craigslist or whatever but it wasn't that long ago.  I'd be up to meet some folks at a central point determined by everyone's hometown as discussed earlier in this thread.  As always I'm sure we'd have a challenge to align schedules which is probably one of the biggest reasons this hasn't happened yet.  Good to 'hear' from you though.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #35
I would be up for it as well. I am about 40 minutes southwest of D.C.

Reply #36
I was new to this sight 3 years ago, and enjoyed all the tech info for the 1st 2 years. This last year alot of things were on the back burner for me, but T5 swap is being handled by a good friend of mine and should be mobile in the next few weeks. I would love to do Foxtoberfest in October, but am travelling for work. I thought something open to all Fox Bodies in the North East would be great.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #37
So far, we have 5 people within a reasonable distance.

Typically, a lot of us do show up to Carlisle which ends up having a pretty good turn out for us. Last year, there were no fox Cougars, but a good handful of Thunderbirds.

It wouldn't be too hard to crash another gathering. Every Saturday, there is a gathering up in Hunt Valley, MD that has decent turn out. Not very central to the 5 of us in here, but still an idea.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #38
Too far :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #39
I would try to make it to something if it was close enough. I could probably do hunt valley. I try not to travel too far in the bird.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #40
I'd be up for it ... car's just not on the road at the moment.

Reply #41
October is booked full, but after that (and pretty much all of 2019) I should be free. The Cougar is just sitting there collecting dust (and mold - ack!) and slowly dripping fluids all over the garage. I suppose it's time to renew the AAA membership. :hick:

Would really like to catch up with you guys, it's been way too long.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #42
AAA membership isn't a bad idea. I've been meaning to set one up but just haven't gotten around to it.
It's Gumby's fault.