Skip to main content
Topic: Fox Cougar and Thunderbird movie sightings... (Updated 2/23/15) (Read 11884 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox Cougar and Thunderbird movie sightings... (Updated 2/23/15)

Reply #15
Here's a few more threads of cougars in movies:

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?9406-Cougars-on-the-big-screen!
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?27180-Cougar-on-Liar-Liar-movie
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?25471-Fox-Thunderbirds-on-Terminator-2
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #16
There is a 1987 1988 TBird driving next to the little blue car in Wayne's World.
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

Reply #17
Hey, from what I remember, there is a brief shot of a fox tbird in Batman Begins. It is the car that Batman falls into after getting gassed by Scarecrow and jumping out a window.

Also, in the mid to late 90's, the fox tbirds started getting cheaper, and were in alot of movies as background cars. Most notably as stunt cars, which makes it both cool and sad to see them on the big screen for there last moments.

Reply #18
This has been discussed before, but somebody in the film industry owns a black '88 XR-7 and it has been in many films. It has black turbines and some kind of added trim/emblem on the rear decklid.

It's apparent that they sneak it into the set for their own reasons. There are some painfully obvious placements of it in certain films, such as Along Came Polly and School of Rock. As a matter of fact, that may be it in the above screenshot of The Thomas Crown Affair, as it certainly appears to be a black '88 XR-7.

I, for one, would like to know whose car it is and how many more films in which they plan to have it play another minor role.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
Quote from: cougarcragar;425921
This has been discussed before, but somebody in the film industry owns a black '88 XR-7 and it has been in many films. It has black turbines and some kind of added trim/emblem on the rear decklid.

It's apparent that they sneak it into the set for their own reasons. There are some painfully obvious placements of it in certain films, such as Along Came Polly and School of Rock. As a matter of fact, that may be it in the above screenshot of The Thomas Crown Affair, as it certainly appears to be a black '88 XR-7.

I, for one, would like to know whose car it is and how many more films in which they plan to have it play another minor role.

I would look and see what locations those films were shot.  Odd's are its a vintage car rental company, and they usually own a bunch of period correct cars in the inventory, and also have photo books of privately owned cars that can be locally obtained as well.  Could just be a local car guy who rents his car for some extra green or likes seeing it in films.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #20
That car has been in two of the Spiderman movies, Mr Deeds...and "What Happens In Vegas". http://imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=asImages&yearFrom=1987&yearTo=1988&makeMatch=2&make=Mercury&modelMatch=1&model=Cougar&modelInclModel=on&modelInclChassis=on&origin=&madein=&madefor=&role= 

Seems to me like it's from the NYC area and anything filmed there is likely to have it.

That one from Midnight Caller is AWESOME.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #22
Its a NY car for sure in most of those clips.  Either a movie car company, or someone who has a friend who owns a rental/prop company.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #23
Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987) with Steve Martin and John Candy.... When Martin goes to the airport rental lot, The camera pans a bunch of 87 Thunderbirds parked along his way.  They would have all been new AND rentals yet !!!

Reply #24
I just spotted a 1980 thunderbird in "Reckless" from 1984. It looks exactly like mine, heh. Parts of that movie were shot in Ohio, so there's a slim possibility that it actually is mine, lol.

X

Reply #25
Just saw another thunderbird in "Dude, where's my car". I've been sick, sitting home watching a lot of  movies, lol.

X

Reply #26
Zoolander in the beginning when they are all in the Bronco.  Light Sandalwood or similar with a cloth top.

My Raising Helen screen capture was posted on the Cougarnuts board nine years ago or something and the computer it's on is buried.

**edit: I just realized Eric had a page on his site with many screen captures including the Raising Helen one. Those wheels on the Midnight Caller car look very similar to my 16" four-lug mesh wheels but I'm aware there could have been several brands with the same size and almost identical design back then.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #27
I really gotta get off my ass and paint up the turbines my friend gave me and toss 'em on my black car. I love the ROH ones that came with it but every time I see the black turbines it makes me grin ear to ear.

That Raising Helen scene is awesome, talk about exposure! Forgot about it, haven't been on E-man's site in awhile. Lotta good shots!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #28
didnt see this one on here its from ace ventura pet detective it was  Lt. Lois Einhorn car, I believe its an 86'
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_10671-Ford-Thunderbird-1985.html
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #29
Quote from: EricCoolCats;425945
http://www.coolcats.net/fox/video.html

All the ones on the bottom look to be that same '88 XR7. Might also be in Cloverfield.

You can actually see the plate in Pride and Glory matches the 88 XR-7 in Along Comes Polly, BHX 7697, so it's the same XR-7.

Eric also references a site IMCDB which stands for Internet Movie Car Data Base and if you search 1988 Cougar, you don't get near the references that Eric has but you do get one from The Other Guys 2010 that looks like the same famous 1988 Cougar XR-7.

Other Guys Cougar